• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE and NP242

Alaskaflyr

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting ready to start the work on my xj, putting 6 inches of lift so I know I will need an SYE, what SYE is recommended for the NP242, are all the same ones that are available for the NP231 compatible?

Thanks

Gary

The 231 kits will not work in a 242.

Tom Woods sells a couple of kits and they are basically nothing more than a hack and tap, but they come with a main shaft already tapped and everything you need, including drive shaft.

Runs about $700 and you get $200 back when you send back your factory mainshaft and tail cone. It's pricey, but that's the price you pay for an all-inclusive kit from a reputable manufacturer.

I'm running a RE H/T and it seems to be holding up to 35's. (242 tcase)

When it busts either a rock-trac or Atlas will fill the void.

YETI said:
I'm running a RE H/T and it seems to be holding up to 35's. (242 tcase)

When it busts either a rock-trac or Atlas will fill the void.

Same here... I'm leaning towards the Atlas as an eventual replacement.

Re: 95 stright six oil pressure sending unit

Wayne Sihler said:
No t8`y `rn,4&IIRC t(a terminal dnd Bdanfed (` 96 .Y$`r groups 84-91 and 92-96 my book shows the 98 and 99 as different too.
Wayne[/!pote]

Yep, I dve a 91 and 95 and the0aonnect.p ends ARE different. The 91 is a spade type and the 95 is a termial tyd.

Back