• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil spacer Dimensions

BillO1s

NAXJA Forum User
If one where to mess around and make his own coil spacers, what would the correct ID and OD be? Anyone have a pair and a tape measure lying around?

Thanks,

Bill

I make them. I have six sets so far. Mostly 3". The pipe is 6" (from memory, if you want I will measure on monday when I go to the shop, same width as the isolater though, touch bigger)with a 2" hole cut in a 3/16" thick plate welded to the top. Cut the tubing to whatever height you need the cut a piece of plate to 6x6 drill your 2" hole, I use a bimetal hole saw, then weld it on to the tube and cut with torches, or plasma, around the weld. Presto you have one spacer. Add pink paint(only kidding).

Go to the how to section of my site and you will find what you need to do this yourself. I cut mine from HD plastic but you could make them out of steel too using the above method.

Cut mine from a poly cutting board I bought at wallyworld! It is 1/2" thick and can get 6 spacers out of one board. Still working on them. Got the centers cut out with a hole saw. Am going to cut the outsides with the jig saw but need a wood blade. The metal blade that I had just melts the stuff and it welds back together.
Will have to see how they do for durrability, but they will be quieter than steel ones.

Watch out for the poly board I did an experiment with it the other day and applied pressure using a vise. They spit with very little force. I use the steel and then weld it to the unibody, so no rattle is prominant. I also put an isolator underneath, below the spacer, this helps in two ways, during installation to hold the spacer inplace if you do not weld it in place and isolating noise.

Back