• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

F-150 coils or coil spacers?

ZmOz

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to put together a cheap 2" lift. I'm either going to use a 2" spacer in the front or F-150 springs. Which would be better?

CheapXJ said:
how about V8 ZJ coils w/ an extra factory isolator.

I don't think that will be quite enough...I'm looking for 2" minimum...maybe up to 2.5" or so. Why do people use F-150 springs if coil spacers are cheaper and apparently better?

ZmOz said:
I don't think that will be quite enough...I'm looking for 2" minimum...maybe up to 2.5" or so. Why do people use F-150 springs if coil spacers are cheaper and apparently better?

I think that would be a good bet actually. ZJ coils should get you about 1" of lift and a good spring rate and toss on a couple of 2" spacers and you have 3". Some people like a firm ride so f-150 coils do fine plus you can get up to 4" of lift with 2" spacers. Used lift coils can be found cheaply too.

The F150 coils you want are from the I6 2wd F150(standard). It has a lighter coil and slightly slower spring rate the the regular V8 models. I was looking into yota coils but I am either going with F150 or OEM ZJ coils.

Back