• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So will it be Billary in 2008?

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
Just thinking...

If President Bush wins another term in office, do think the stage will be set for Hillary and her wife Bill to be back in the Whitehouse in 2008?

Fergie

Of course...do you really think they want Kerry in the office now? No, they are just setting the stage to smear Bush and the Republicans. This is going to be the "norm" until '08. Lucky us!

I heard that if Kerry gets elected, Hillary is going to push for a spot on the supreme court.

bgcntry72 said:
You could have saved all that typing by just walking into the other room.
But, what fun is that?
:D

He was talking to the forum readers you idiot! :wierd:

CW said:
There is the little problem with the constitution on that one.
I hope Mccain runs in '08. He will destroy Hillary and then maybe the Clinton's will just go away.

i am hearing that they are considering amending that. So that Arnold can me Pres. All I know that he woud be on kick ass pres.

So Hillary is going through menopause and is having health issues, so she goes to see her Doc. Her Doc gives her some hormone pills and tells her to call him if she has any problems.

After about 2 weeks or so, she calls and comes into his office. "Doc" she says, "I am starting to grow hair on my chest like a man!". The Doc, a little concerned asks where the hair starts and she says"Right below my blouse line." He says, "How far down does it go?

" All the way to my nuts!"

I'm done.

Fergie

Found this interesting:

Schwarzenegger Has Designs On The White House

POSTED: 5:05 pm PDT October 30, 2004
LOS ANGELES -- After months of sidestepping questions about a possible presidential run, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has used some of his strongest language yet in suggesting he may someday be interested in the office.

Asked if he would like to be able to run and would support a Constitutional amendment that would allow foreign-born citizens like himself to seek the office, Schwarzenegger said, "Yes. Absolutely."

"I think, you know, because why not? I mean, you know, anyone with my way of thinking, you always shoot for the top," the governor said in the interview on "60 Minutes" to be broadcast Sunday.

"But it's not something that I am preoccupied with," he added. "I am not thinking one single minute about that. Because there's so many things I have to do in California, and my promise was to straighten out the mess in California."

At a rally last week before the interview aired, Schwarzenegger backpedalled.

"I cannot remember ever saying that," he said. "So I will be surprised to see the television show where I say it."

He then reiterated his past position, using vague terms of support for an amendment without referring to his own possible candidacy.

A U.S. Senate panel earlier this month discussed the possibility of amending the Constitution to remove the prohibition against foreign-born presidents.

An amendment proposed by Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, chairman of the Judiciary Committee, calls for allowing immigrants to run for president after they have been citizens for 20 years. A measure sponsored by Rep. Vic Snyder, D-Ark., would require 35 years of citizenship.

Schwarzenegger became a citizen in 1983.

I bet the Democrats will make sure there's no ammendment!!

CW said:
There is the little problem with the constitution on that one.
I hope Mccain runs in '08. He will destroy Hillary and then maybe the Clinton's will just go away.

people that get in the way of the Clintons all seem to have a similar problem...They end up dead. Just ask Vince.

There is a reason that the founding fathers have the requirement of being a naturally born US citizen to be President and it's a good one. The colonies had just fought their way out of the yoke of oppression agianst a foriegn tyrannt and they wanted to insure that the leader of the first free (sorta excepting slaves, women and natives) society had no close ties to a foriegn soveirnty.

At my former employer the majority of mechanics were from central america and mexico. In conversation they always referred to "in my country" meaning honduras, guatamala or nicugraga etc. Their goal was to earn a fat US pension and return to "their country" and live high off the hog. That naturally borne requirement is to insure that the US really is "my country".

This Constitutional Admendment should frighten EVERY American.

The best understanding I have ever read about the War for Independence and causes of the revolution was "Rise to Rebellion".

Pardon my spelling...and Arnold isn't all that good of a Governor...Orin Hatch needs a swift kick to the ba... for even thinking about that admendment.

Tom

Boatwrench said:
There is a reason that the founding fathers have the requirement of being a naturally born US citizen to be President and it's a good one. The colonies had just fought their way out of the yoke of oppression agianst a foriegn tyrannt and they wanted to insure that the leader of the first free (sorta excepting slaves, women and natives) society had no close ties to a foriegn soveirnty.

At my former employer the majority of mechanics were from central america and mexico. In conversation they always referred to "in my country" meaning honduras, guatamala or nicugraga etc. Their goal was to earn a fat US pension and return to "their country" and live high off the hog. That naturally borne requirement is to insure that the US really is "my country".

This Constitutional Admendment should frighten EVERY American.

The best understanding I have ever read about the War for Independence and causes of the revolution was "Rise to Rebellion".

Pardon my spelling...and Arnold isn't all that good of a Governor...Orin Hatch needs a swift kick to the ba... for even thinking about that admendment.

Tom
Well here's the flaw to your "natural-born citizen" theory and the evils of immigrants...
I had NO choice as to where my mother gave birth to me...
I've been in this country, MY country, since I was 2 weeks old...
and although I had no choice in where I was born I CHOSE to place my ass on the line for the sake of MY country.
There are thousands, even millions of "naturally-born citizens" of all races/colors that milk our government programs and live the high hog here. Have you ever visited central america and seen a so called "high hog" living down there? I have... repeatedly, visiting family and then courtesy of the US Army in the 80's. Your example is waaaay off base to rationalize a consitutional amendment.
Change is good... :D

p.s. Were you able to choose where you were born?

I agree with Gil,
I also am not a "natural-born citizen",
I was born in an Italian Hospital while my father was serving in the A.F.
I had no choice in where I was born,
I did have a choice in my citizenship, as a person with dual citizenship until I was 18, I chose the U.S.A.
I never did understand that part of the Constitution.
Weren't we all imigrants at one time or another?

Gil,
I am not anti-immigrant and I guess you could read it that way.
I am against a change in the Constitution which is now only being brought up for Arnold's sake. It was good for the first 214 years.

I have traveled with the military also, it's an eye opener to go to other countries in central america and asia. The $3,000 (yes $3K) monthly pension recieved from the transit system allows folks to live in the top income brackets in a lot of countries and some states in the US. BTW the mechanics I spoke of are currently making about $28-$30 per hour.

Unfortunately as Sean pointed out, he is ineligible to be President also.

Tom

Boatwrench said:
Gil,
I am not anti-immigrant and I guess you could read it that way.
I am against a change in the Constitution which is now only being brought up for Arnold's sake. It was good for the first 214 years.

I have traveled with the military also, it's an eye opener to go to other countries in central america and asia. The $3,000 (yes $3K) monthly pension recieved from the transit system allows folks to live in the top income brackets in a lot of countries and some states in the US. BTW the mechanics I spoke of are currently making about $28-$30 per hour.

Unfortunately as Sean pointed out, he is ineligible to be President also.

Tom
IF they changed the constitution they should change it to say that if you are born in a different country to a US serviceman then you can run for Press. I also am not anti-immigrant, and I also believe that it has worked for many years. I however don't think its fair that if your parents are both US born then you should be able to run. Not Arnold though.

Back