• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

235's with a 3" lift?

88woody

NAXJA Forum User
Will this look silly?

Anyone have any pics?

What about 30's?

yes and no. If you put an RE 3" lift, the 235's might look smallish. If you put some other BB you might not get as much and they might look fine.... it's hard to say. In any case I ran my jeep for almost 2 years with about 3" and 235's and it didn't look bad.

I picked up a lift at the junkyard (skyjacker, I think) for $100. It looks about a yaer old, I'm guessing that it has settled down a bit. It's a 3", I think

88woody said:
I picked up a lift at the junkyard (skyjacker, I think) for $100. It looks about a yaer old, I'm guessing that it has settled down a bit. It's a 3", I think

It's be fine. When you get a good deal on 31's, then goes with those. Use what you have. 3" lift isn't that big so it should be fine. Don't worry be happy. :)

i have a 5" front lift and a 4" rear lift on my 235/75r15 and since i havent trimmed any (yet) and havent extended bump stops - i can still stuff them all the way up.

en5g6

en75s

en6tg

that give you any idea?

My cherokee had 235's on it stock, what is the purpose of a lift with the same small size tires? Do you just not have the money for lift and tires at the same tire or do you plan on running that size instead of 30's or 31's.

xjbmx said:
My cherokee had 235's on it stock, what is the purpose of a lift with the same small size tires? Do you just not have the money for lift and tires at the same tire or do you plan on running that size instead of 30's or 31's.
I'll bet you that he'll stuff the tires way better then you and with the increased travel it will improve it's offroad performance.

Kejtar said:
I'll bet you that he'll stuff the tires way better then you and with the increased travel it will improve it's offroad performance.

Ummm... i didnt mean it as a put down or like i was dogging on him, i just simply wanted to know why because i have never heard of this. Its all about offroad performance.

xjbmx said:
Ummm... i didnt mean it as a put down or like i was dogging on him, i just simply wanted to know why because i have never heard of this. Its all about offroad performance.
I kind of figured that and that'w why I said that. I had 235's on at stock height and well... it just didn't stuff as well anymore so I got AAL's and spacers. All that so that the tires would tuck in a bit better. Then later when 235's wore out I got 31's.... and things went downhill (or should I say upwards) from there as I wanted to retain stuffage while getting bigger tires.

I got the lift the other day. I really want to buy a set of 31's next spring for 'wheeling. Since winter is coming, I would also like to get a set of GOOD snow tires. Definitely studded. I can't afford to go with 31's on both sets.

xjbmx said:

If you truly are all about offroad performance you would know how much an xj can benefit from an increase in breakover angle, i run 2 inches front, 3 in rear, i sit level, and still have stock tires
for the trails i run, mostly uwharrie and around the family tree farms in the hills, axle clearance is less of a concern, Ive run every trail at uwharrie, and being careful with my lines i rarely hit my axles on anything, and have had a huge increase in offroad capability, not getting high-centered nearly as much

Back