• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is it going to take to run 33x10.50s

RKBA

NAXJA Member #1012
Here's what I have:

1999 4 door
2 year old Rusty's 3" lift w/rear springs
Stock LCA, track bar
Stock bumpers
Stock bumpstops
15x8 Canyons with 31x10.50 BFG AT
I measure 21" hub to flare front and rear right now

I would like to run:

That lift +
New LCA, track bar
Front 1.75" spacers
Rear shackles
Proper length shocks
longer bump stops
33x10.50 BFG AT or MT

With that I should be sitting at 22.75 front, 22.5 rear. I DO NOT want to modify the flares or trim.

Workable, or this a sawzall only affair?

damn you have 4" out of a 2 yr old rustys lift. i am around your current height, maybe even a tad lower and will be throwing on 33's as soon as i can afford it, but i have trimmed. with 5+ inches you ought to be good as long as you use enough bumpstop. i would recommend trimming with your current lift though, be cheaper and have a lower cog

You should be able to clear 33's with your lift and spacers/blocks in the back. You might need to trim slightly around the front bumper/flare area. Just get the spacer/blocks add to the 3" rusty's lift and see how it looks with the tires. If you get longer bumpstops you should be fine without cutting, but if you plan on wheeling it, you'll most likely have to trim as needed.
Troy

well if you want 10.50 you might be ok but i have about 5" and 33X12.50s with tearflex long arm lowers and i rub real bad on the trail. Im also cut quite a bit. You are most likely gonna need longer bumpstops thats the only way other than cutting.
ryan

4.5" of lift will fit 33x10.5 tires. At's are going to be a little smaller in size.
your going to be real close to 5" of lift with that set up so you will be fine.
Coil+isolator+1.75 spacer=5.25" of lift or just close to it. Juice

I still rub(2000XJ) with 6" of lift!See Profile for full specs!And my Homepage for all the pics!

SPOBI.
It's more about your wheels than anything else.
Canyons have a backspacing of about 5.25".
I have about 5~ of lift and I run 33x10.5 BFG MTs.
My steelies have 4.5" bs and I am well trimmed, and I still rub a bit.
You may rub flares, but you WILL rub the tires on the coil towers, lcas, and inner fenders unless you bumpstop LOTS and adjust the steering.
Take it from someone who has run them.
When I move back to Aluminum wheels, I am going to a 4" bs.
I run flareless, and they fit perfectly and legally, at least in my state.
HTH

bgcntry72 said:
SPOBI.
It's more about your wheels than anything else.
Canyons have a backspacing of about 5.25".
I have about 5~ of lift and I run 33x10.5 BFG MTs.
My steelies have 4.5" bs and I am well trimmed, and I still rub a bit.
You may rub flares, but you WILL rub the tires on the coil towers, lcas, and inner fenders unless you bumpstop LOTS and adjust the steering.
Take it from someone who has run them.
When I move back to Aluminum wheels, I am going to a 4" bs.
I run flareless, and they fit perfectly and legally, at least in my state.
HTH

Yup, 90XJ. I'm on a RE4.5 superflex w stock '98 rims on 31x10.5 yoko geolander at+2's and I don't rub at all on pass side, but drive side I rub hell outa the tower and the lca on left turns, the arms are nice and straight but the axle is about an inch off to pass side. Pass side at full flex I bumpstop out about 1/2" from fender contact, non-trimmed except at the tips to match bumpers.

Just how DO you adjust bumpstops anyway, searched and searched but couldn't find, looking into 33" toyo is why I ask.

Thanks

Hello 2004!

Thats awsome.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Back