• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will 265/70-15 REVOs fit a bone stock 95?

aspera

NAXJA Forum User
I think it has 15x7 wheels with a 5.25 BS, right?

Tirerack show the REVO to be 10.6" wide. That's almost identical width to a 31/10.5-15, but the tire is shorter. 29.6" vs. 30.5".

I like the idea of a shorter, wider tire for my application. Where do you think it will rub? LCA? How about the rear?

Thanks.

useing these calculators:

http://www.nagca.com/grandtech/grandcalculators.htm

29.6" is your tire diamiter

i think it sould fit - might want to think about bumpstops / trimming

put them on and flex it out - see what rubs
(i used to rub my 235/75R15's in the front with stock bumpstops and suspention on the coil mount)

aspera said:
I think it has 15x7 wheels with a 5.25 BS, right?

Tirerack show the REVO to be 10.6" wide. That's almost identical width to a 31/10.5-15, but the tire is shorter. 29.6" vs. 30.5".

I like the idea of a shorter, wider tire for my application. Where do you think it will rub? LCA? How about the rear?

Thanks.

I recently mounted 255/70/16s. They are about 30x10.0. THey are a tight fit on the stock suspension. With no load in the car the really didn't hit anything but the LCA's at full turn. With the care loaded up with 4 people, a one year old and 90# worth of dog in the back they hit badly at the rear drivers side with every bump! I've since removed the rear bumper endcaps, and Cut about 2-3 inches out of the rear of the rear wheel well. No complaints now. They are on the stock 16x7 rims. Looks good. I went with MTR's and have been happy so far. Lift coming over the winter!

aspera said:
bump

REVOs are in the garage, should be mounted in a few days.
Please do not bump threads. It's a violation of the forum rules and may result in your thread being deleted without warning.

Forum Rules said:
Participants shall not “bump” threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a new post, posting one-liners (such as “BTT”) or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its Forum.

Eagle said:
Please do not bump threads. It's a violation of the forum rules and may result in your thread being deleted without warning.
telling people this all the time must get annoying... :D

I had 255/70R15's on my MJ, they rubbed slightly on the upper spring mount and rubbed through the outer edge of the inner fender. This was on a truck that never got wheeled so I think you may run into some clearance issues.
Tony

265s on. They rubbed LCAs like I predicted. Need to add washers.

Other than that I don't think they rub much. I still need to flex it, but I think I have a winner here.

One thing for sure....that sucker STOPS! Braking is much better.

Back