• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock in Cat!!!!

BPB

NAXJA Forum User
a few months ago I ripped my muffler off on a huge rock, along with that went my tail pipe. When i finaly got it fixed I had decided that I like the sound, so i just had it piped, with no muffler. it sounds great by the way. last weekend I went on a poker run at browns camp. ever sence that I have a rattling noise coming from the cat, and the exaust makes a whistling noise. The motor doesn't make any bad, or even typical 200k engine noises. it is the best motor ever!!!! I think that I may have gotten a rock in my cat, please help me with this it is starting to **** me off.

Depends on where ya get the cat. I've seen the things on ebay for decent amounts. I'm sure it has some affect on power as well.

Sarge

Don’t cut off the cat - not because of any moral, legal or ethical reasons. I cut the cat off of mine while I was trying to fix some other stuff. The resonation inside the cab was horrible. At 1500 rpm I couldn’t hold a conversation in the vehicle and no body wanted to ride with me. The engine ran like crap too. I put a new cat back on pretty quick. All of the major parts stores have cats in stock as do most muffler places. Even if you have a welder I’d still recommend taking it to a muffler shop to get it installed. It’s a ***** to get a good bead around the top of the pipe and keep it from leaking. Ask me how I know :gag:

Back