• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TB Spacer

bustednutz

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a Throttle Body Spacer on their 4.0?
Thinking about doing some performance upgrades. Air Intake, Exhaust for starters.
Just wondering if a TB Spacer is really all that some of the places selling them claim to be.
Thanks.

Yep, I got one and so do lots of other people. They work pretty well, but I wouldn’t pay a whole lot of money for one. Do a search on the modified forum there are lots of threads about them.

I have one of the PowerAID TB spacers on my 91 4.0HO and after installing it I did notice some increased power but no real change in gas mileage. One thing to keep in mind though is that w/ a spacer it is extremely difficult to run a cold air tube too w/o modifying your hood. Some food for thought.

i am running the Airaid TBspacer and a rock-it parts intake. the intake does rubb agaisnt the hood some but no real problem. I also have a flowmaster exhaust single in single out with 2.5 pipes. with all the air that is being sucked in now the sound is much like that of a turbo on a diesel. I am also running a 160 degree thermostat and Jacobs 8.5mm plug wires. I have gotten a noticable amount of power gain in all. I do not have specific numbers, but it is there.

Don't spend more than $20 for one. Look on ebay. Don't be fooled by the spiral/helix crap, all that does is make your intake whistle.

Back