• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ Flares

RobCherokeeXJ89

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sure this topic has come up before, but I was wondering if anybody has any installation write ups on Installing TJs onto your XJ and if anyone had any pics of them that would b great too. Also, I was wondering what kind of tools you need to do this project.

I have an 89 4door xj. And maybe even other ideas on fender trimming jobs such as just taking the flares off and if anyone has ever got pulled over for not having flares as this car is my daily driver.

I'm interasted also. I've put bigger tires on my 91 2dr and it's time to do a little more triming. I know you can get aftermarket TJ flares but are they as good as the factory ones?

run a quick search and you will have more than enough to read and look at

Rather than start this over, look at the thread labled "Rear fenders chop is done *pics*"
Its got a lot of info and should answer most questions.

XJ_ranger said:
ERROR 404 - Not Found...
i am interested in this also

thanks Ramsey for throwing in - search, its always helpful for thoes asking questions who have searched...
what the hells that suppose to mean. he asked a ? and he seems to have no knowledge of it(no offense) and he even mentioned that he is sure someone has asked. so whats the big deal about suggesting he search, it was even done in a polite manner.

What would you guys reccomend to use for cutting the sheet metal? Hopefully I can get away w/ out having to take my front ARB bumper off, but looks like i'll have too... oh well.

I used an angle grinder with a cutting wheel on my sheetmetal. Of course after that I committed a bodywork no-no and folded the metal with a large pair of pliers so take that with a grain of salt. Maybe that's why the angles on left and right don't match? :D

Back