• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32's on a 4.5 lift?

Hannan428

NAXJA Forum User
would 32x11.5's (AT's) fit onto my 96 xj with a 4.5 lift without any problems? i figured i'd have to trim the fenders but other than that?

Hannan428 said:
would 32x11.5's (AT's) fit onto my 96 xj with a 4.5 lift without any problems? i figured i'd have to trim the fenders but other than that?

With the right backspacing 4 1/2 or 4 5/8's should be good but plan on trimming a good amount if you don't want to rub at all. I rubbed with 4.5 and 31's if I got really flexed up... :D

Your other option is running a hockey puck on top of your existing bumpstops to limit up travel.

btray

I ran 32's for about 2 yrs on my 4.5" Rusty's lift with minimal trimming and proper bumpstops.

proper bumpstops and your fine. i run 33s on 4.5 and could run 35s no problem. I am goin up another inch though.
Trim those fenders and you should have no issues. Make sure the wheels you get tho have proper backspacing or they will rub the lca's at full steering lock like mine do.

I ran 32's on my '89 as a daily driver with just a rough country 3 inch budget boost. With stock rims they scrubed The lower control arms when turned sharp as possible, but other than that no problems.

Back