• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ broken into! Thru vent window! How best to prevent??

Heinz

NAXJA Forum User
Some bastards broke my driver side vent window to get in and stole my stereo and assorted items! Alarm did go off when window broke. I did replace window, today and works fine. Whats best way to prevent this? I'm thinkin electro shock alarm!!!!!!!! Thanks, Heinz

.308 from 100 yards. Nothing you can do, if someone wants whats in there they are going to get it. What ****es me off is most shorty soft top owners know better than to lock a soft top but scumbags will STILL slit the drivers window to get in, even if it's locked all you have to is unzip either rear window or the back one, thats how you take them out to drop the top.....*%$$% idiot scum...

We had someone or somones around this neighborhood that was loosening and removing lug nuts on cars, found out that it had happened 8 times to people in this development when a trooper let it slip out and I live in a really nice area too.

My 92 XJ has movable vent windows. My thoughts were like Richs, on rooftops with 303 or 308 or 7.62 Nagant with night scope! I just make sure nothing in it and let aptmt complex KNOW big time, hood is decent here , prob. just stupid kids or druggies, reason why I think they broke in was I left $10 in console(bridge $), actually they broke in twice, first time smashed window, second time got thru broken vent. before I could fix and took stereo! Arggggggggggg!

I disconnected the interior lock buttons from my manual lock system. Originally because I wanted to prevent accidentally locking the key inside, but as it is now, the thief will need to climb in through the window because it's impossible to open the door without the key. :D I also disconnected the outside handle of the passenger side cause I was sick of forgetting to lock that door. Oh, and I have a Comanche, so there are only those two doors.
Jeep on!
--Pete

I installed my own supplimental alarm, a pressure switch under the drivers seat and a serious siren, thing is like 160 DB. If they get past/ignore the regular alarm, they are gonna have to remove the sterio, with there fingures in there ears.

I installed a surprise tonight.......................cant wait to see the "results" tomorrow......

Heinz said:
I installed a surprise tonight.......................cant wait to see the "results" tomorrow......

This'll be good. :D I was disappointed in not having vents on my '95, but then I realized it was probably for theft protection. Pete's idea of disabling the buttons is nice.

Regarding .308, I would recommend 300 Whisper with a suppressor; it's less likely to annoy the neighbors and gives you time to clean up. :pirate1:

Last edited:
fizassist said:
This'll be good. :D I was disappointed in not having vents on my '95, but then I realized it was probably for theft protection. Pete's idea of disabling the buttons is nice.

Regarding .308, I would recommend 300 Whisper with a suppressor; it's less likely to annoy the neighbors and gives you time to clean up. :pirate1:

And don't forget shot placement, prefer front to back or back to front, don't want any 'stuff' going thru the jeep..... :D

8Mud said:
I installed my own supplimental alarm, a pressure switch under the drivers seat and a serious siren, thing is like 160 DB. If they get past/ignore the regular alarm, they are gonna have to remove the sterio, with there fingures in there ears.

I would love to see a write up or at least a parts list for this. I think that is a great idea, as long as it could not go off while I am sitting there. Any way to go over 160 Db? I want the fawkers ears to bleed.

Heinz said:
My thoughts were like Richs, on rooftops with 303 or 308 or 7.62 Nagant with night scope!

all you need is a deer rifle (.243 or 6mm) with a 20x scope...
you can hit something (I get coyote's and wild pack dogs all the time) over 100 yards without a problem, just get the sight adjusted inline with barrel :)

As for preventing someone from getting into your car , only way I know of was a buddy of mine use to leave his pit bull every night in his pick up truck, nothing like growling, lots of willing teeth and 150 lbs to back it up to make someone run for their lives.

Back