• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

K&N filter questions

ilovjeep

NAXJA Forum User
If I was put a K&N filter into my 88 xj with the HO motor, tranny, tcase from a 95 xj what kind MPG would I gain? The milage is 124,*** on body and 136,*** on stuff from 95. Everything is stock, tires are 215/75/15, no synthetics oils are used. I don't know what the P.O. was getting on the 95 and I was getting anywhere from 14-24 MPG when I had the Non HO motor in it.
What would be the improvements in MPG is what I was to put a K&N filter in my brother's 04 GC. Everything is stock also, tires are P225/75/16, 12,300 miles on it. Right now my brother is getting about 14-16 MPG.
These are the only two mods. I am looking into for now.
I want to make my setup for the filters to.
Thanks for all the help,
DR

Gains wil be slim.....very slim. But the cone is only like $36.00 if you make your own setup so its not bad for the money, don't buy the kit though it would be a waste of money.

Does autozone or advance carry the 6" cone filter or do I have to buy them through a catalog.
Yeah I can't see spending $200 or better for something I make for around $50 or so.
Thanks for all the help,
DR

http://www.xj-armor.com/hi_tube.htm - I bought the flat black model and sprayed a couple of coats of Rustoleum gloss black epoxy on before mounting. Ita came out nice and it's hard to beat $35.

http://www.usdieselparts.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=53522 - K&N is $44 w/FREE shipping!!!

Enjoy!!!
icon7.gif

ilovjeep said:
Does autozone or advance carry the 6" cone filter or do I have to buy them through a catalog.
Yeah I can't see spending $200 or better for something I make for around $50 or so.
Thanks for all the help,
DR

The K&N # 0810 is a 3" diameter (at the seal) and it's 9" long. Fits and works great!!!
icon7.gif
ilovjeep said:
I was meaning the 3" cone not the 6". sorry

can I buy the filter at autozone or any part store? I would rather buy it there if I can. I hate buying things through the cat. and then having a problem with them and having the hell to try and return them or what not.

I don't know.

However, I can't imagine you having a problem with this set-up.

You can always call around and ask to see if your area part stores has a K&N # RE-0810 in stock (or can get one in).

You know you can get it for $44 delivered w/no tax, so that will give you an idea on what's what.

BTW - My advice to you is to pay the extra $4 and get two 3" stainless steel worm gear hose clamps rather than trying to re-use the plastic OEM clamps.

icon7.gif

ilovjeep said:
can I buy the filter at autozone or any part store? I would rather buy it there if I can. I hate buying things through the cat. and then having a problem with them and having the hell to try and return them or what not.

Man, that is a great price!!! :clap:
dallas xjs said:
from rustys you get k/n with filter mount bracket,1in. throttle spacer,and cat back with flow master,for around 200...||charles||

Back