• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock lights

Bobsgreenxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so me and my buddy are going to install some rock lights on our xjs, both at 97's mine with 4.5 lift, and my buddys with none. Does anyone have any usefull pictures or suggestions, as to where to mount them? front and back?

here's where i got mine. they worked very well.

2 mounted behind the front crossmember angles out towards the tires on each side

DSC00073.JPG

one of the rear lights mounted

DSC00094.JPG

here's the best pics i could find at night.

DSC00067.JPG

DSC00063.JPG

xjj33p3r said:
Would mounting two in front of the rear spring perches be a pretty good spot to cover a lot of area with less light?
Do you mean on the axle or in front of the front leaf mount? Intrepid has mounted his in the latter.

Personally, when I decide to do rock lights, I'm mounting 24" white neons along the front, rear, and sides. Those will tuck along any corner and they will strobe with my tunes to boot.

Okie Terry said:
Do you mean on the axle or in front of the front leaf mount? Intrepid has mounted his in the latter.

Personally, when I decide to do rock lights, I'm mounting 24" white neons along the front, rear, and sides. Those will tuck along any corner and they will strobe with my tunes to boot.

"2F2F" hey if it works go for it

The neon lights is a pretty good idea, but are they strong enough to take hits from rocks? And will they illuminate as much as a spot light or driving light under the jeep? Just tryin to take everything into consideration

xjj33p3r said:
The neon lights is a pretty good idea, but are they strong enough to take hits from rocks? And will they illuminate as much as a spot light or driving light under the jeep? Just tryin to take everything into consideration
Don't know how bright they'll be, but the purple, blue, and green ones on the ricers sure are bright enough to be annoying.

As for being durable, they'd be mounted along where the frame rail meets the floor. Very small chance of any contact woth rocks. They'd be more out of the way than regular lights.

Well, if you think about it, the ricers sit much lower to the ground than any jeep would, and the light might disipate too much at that height. Just somethin to think aboot

xjj33p3r said:
Well, if you think about it, the ricers sit much lower to the ground than any jeep would, and the light might disipate too much at that height. Just somethin to think aboot
Then I'll just double them up.

You can't beat me.

i think okie is on something. those neons are bright and they are bigger, what are the ones that go on the sides like 4 feet or something. with two 2' ones in front and back. that should be tons of light

Okie Terry said:
Then I'll just double them up.

You can't beat me.
Didn't know it was a competition. Anyways, I was just trying to give you advice instead having to waste money on more lighting. Good luck.

xjj33p3r said:
Didn't know it was a competition. Anyways, I was just trying to give you advice instead having to waste money on more lighting. Good luck.

its not so much a competition, he was just saying if he had to he'll double them up. but now that i think about it, he should be fine

Back