• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-brake doesn't work

xjj33p3r

NAXJA Member #1108
Well, whenever I pull back on the ebrake, it doesn't have any affect. Can anyone think what might be the problem? Mine is a 96 with a 6.5" lift if that matters.

pull harder

j/k

there is an ajuster that can be tightened, have you loked at it? i can see how you could loose the bolt if tension was lost and it rattled around...
here is a pic on a YJ (we have the same setup)
ford88_ebrake_cable02_720.jpg

here is the page i took it from:
http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/ford88.html

good times!

Well, the lift seems to have tightened the cable a lot... so could it be that I'm running around with the cable engaged constantly?

that could be it, and you didnt notice right away, and then you wore out your rear brakes (which dont help stop you much IMO) and now there is no effect? im not sure...

That could've been the problem. I started out with a 4.5" lift which already streched the lines. But whenever I took it out for a drive, I couldn't tell the difference. Is there a way to check to see if there is any of that ebrake pad left?

Buy 2 YJ passenger side e brakes. They fit perfectly. Who has the website for that write up.

Yucca-Man said:
Gimme a couple hours, I'll have it at www.yuccaman.com/jeep/ebrake.html (with links to wherever I found my inspiration if I can find it, too)
building the go-to cherokee site huh? always good to get some late nite HTML programing done...

:D I take my inspiration from go-jeep and Stu Olson...and don't have nearly the skills to challenge either of them in the fabrication realm.

Back