• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electric brake wire cut

ilovjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I swap pretty much everthing from a 95(totaled) into my 88 xj. The other day I found a that one of my wires from the 95 were cut for the car alarm (it has a fuse tied into this wire) and now I can't get it to work. But the more important thing is there is a blue wire under the dash with a sticker on saying electric brake. Is this for the brake light or what. Would I have to find where it goes or just tape it off like I did for the car alarm.
Thanks for all the help,
DR

ilovjeep said:
But the more important thing is there is a blue wire under the dash with a sticker on saying electric brake. Is this for the brake light or what. Would I have to find where it goes or just tape it off like I did for the car alarm.
The blue brake wire is a wire that's used to send a signal from a brake controller to the 7 pin connector. it will go from under the dash to the drivers side rear corner of the cargo area where it will have the same sticker on it: electric brake. When you install a brake controller for towing you can utilize that wire or run a new one.

Back