• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is there a way?

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
To make my 00 xj front and rear bumpers...as strong as my 93xj bumpers....this plastic sh*t really s*cks. I cant exactly spend big bucks on real bumpers either and i dont like the look of bullbars and all that stuff. Any ideas? Thanks

Don't waste your time and money. The '93 bumpers are/were the same as the bumpers on my '88, and although they are metal I would say that using the word "strong" in the same sentence with "'93 bumper" would be an exercise in self-delusion. I've replaced the rear bumper on mine twice, once for rust and once for a very minor hit. I also have a couple of parts heaps with twisted front bumpres that pretty obviously were not hit very hard, but twisted the bumper like a pretzel.

Save your pennies for a real bumper.

Oh...seemed more rugged to me...but thats a good point...like the lift i guess i should just wait and do it the right way the first time. Thanks

P.S...is there any bumper that i can get that wont kill me w/ wieght and require no cutting to stock fenders and what not?

Back