• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any other firemen here?

CvrnRth

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if any of you guys are firemen also? and if you are what type, if any, emergency lighting devices you use (Ex if your a volunteer your blue light!)
Just wondering!

Nick
Cecil Truck Co No 3
Station 29

They call me the fireman. That's my name.

I make my rounds all over town putting out old flames.

Hell, everybody would like to have what I've got. I can cool them down when they're smoldering hot.

CvrnRth said:
Just wondering if any of you guys are firemen also? and if you are what type, if any, emergency lighting devices you use (Ex if your a volunteer your blue light!)
Just wondering!

Nick
Cecil Truck Co No 3
Station 29
I was a firefighter. I left as the highest ranking officer i my department. For lighting devices, I did not have much, flashing rear facing lights, and flashing front facing lights. Oh, and "exempt plates". Part of my salary was the "command rig".

Glenn

Not yet but a hopeful. I'm a freshmen in college studying fire science. But I've decided to not return next year and instead get my Intermediate EMT and eventually paramedic.

Everyone I've talked to told me a degree in fire science is a waste of money so I'm gonna get an engineering degree at a much cheaper school. Any suggestions from you or any other firefighters on here?

Dean

Woodland firefighter with absolutely NO experience.

Fire season has been pretty calm here.

As shitty as it sounds, I'm waiting to be called up.

Damn Dennis, will I EVER live that down....

Thirty years as a volunteer fire fighter and officer. Held every position up through Chief, recycling now [lack of experienced volunteers], back up to Captain. Believe it or not, "RURAL" coverage in the most urban state in America (except we also have an Interstate, main RR line, and two airfields to cover). Two engines, one tanker, one command vehicle, two brush trucks (a '64 Gladiator and a '97 Hummer - guess which one is more capable off road?). Red light as a command officer, blue light as a firefighter, NJ firefighter plates.

If I had to do it all over again - wildland air tanker ops would have been da bomb!

Mike in NJ :patriot:

I got about a year and a half for my Asso. in applied science (Firefighting safety prevention) I still am gonna be a fireman but its on hold till I get my RN due to a hell of more money and my company is paying for my school. But as for your question. no volls. here can have lights at all. I am an EMT-B and took the Int class but never tested for the state test since most services dont even recognize it anymore and most schools are doing away with intermediate. That being said if you think you have what it takes to be a firefighter then get the degree the field is only getting tougher out there and having that will deff. put you on the top of the stack.

Back