• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ front bumpers on XJ's

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone here run a TJ front bumper on an XJ?? I have seen a few pics of a warn rock crawler TJ bumper on an XJ and it looked good. Just wondering how much work it was modifying the mounting brackets and making it work.

if your going to the effort to modify brakets to fit, you might want to build a whole new bumper, rather than buy one.

http://www.rigidco.com/ has some great mounting brakets for XJ's if you just want to hack off the old mounts and weld these on...

:eek: I can't say Ive ever seen this! Me thinks it would look cool though. Got any pics?

hjeepxj said:
:eek: I can't say Ive ever seen this! Me thinks it would look cool though. Got any pics?

These are from a thread on Jeepforum.

DSC00153.JPG

DSC00015.JPG

DSC00017.JPG

I'm not sure what he used, but they make spray on chrome for touching up bumpers and stuff that works pretty well if you scuff up the plastic and clean it well.

BTW,anyone have experience with rigidcos front bumpers?

Those are stainless mesh inserts, I got them off ebay for like 10 bucks. I wish my jeep still looked that good, it has some trail rash now.
YETI said:
CW said:
What are the specs on your jeep. Sorry for thread jacking. Pm me back.
What do you want to know?
It's on 36" TSL radials, HP D44 front, 9" rear, radius arms, 4.6L stroker, TJ flares, tons of other crap...

Last edited:
CW said:
Those are stainless mesh inserts, I got them off ebay for like 10 bucks. I wish my jeep still looked that good, it has some trail rash now.
What do you want to know?
It's on 36" TSL radials, HP D44 front, 9" rear, radius arms, 4.6L stroker, TJ flares, tons of other crap...

That did it. thank you. Nice rig.

Back