• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chevy Tire Carrier

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
hey,
annother of my crazy ideas that im wondering if anyone else has thought of:
would one of these:
tiredrop1.jpg

work on an XJ? or howabout one off a 4 runner (before they started putting the spare underneath?)

i realize that you would have to support the body on that side, but im planning some 1/4 pannel armor for there anyway and could add some more support easily when i do that, so, just throwing out an idea wondering if anyone else had thougth about it...

Throw enough money and time at a problem and you can make it work... but is it worth the effort? I can't answer that for you.

My UpCountry has the same style carrier. I tied it into a stronger bumper and I run a 36" spare and a hi-lift on it. If you use one make sure you get the backing plate out of the pass. side quarter panel.
full_5095_p233098.jpg

Why don't you just go to a junkyard and get a stock one off a cherokee? That way you know it will work.

Dean

DDCxj said:
Why don't you just go to a junkyard and get a stock one off a cherokee? That way you know it will work.

Dean
The carriers off of the Blazers are WAY more abundant than the one for a Cherokee. I asked the same question and didn't get any replies.

just one my craqzy walking home from class and noticed a vehicle with something mine didnt and caused me to think ideas... if there are any parts cheap enough at the wrecker when i go and pick up my 8.8 ill get that at the same time and make a good use of my next weekend

-XJ_Ranger

CW said:
My UpCountry has the same style carrier. I tied it into a stronger bumper and I run a 36" spare and a hi-lift on it. If you use one make sure you get the backing plate out of the pass. side quarter panel.
full_5095_p233098.jpg

i bet the cops love the rear license plate on that.....

Back