• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender flares on an 00xj?

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
I was lookin over the new xj i just bought, realized there was a little tiny gap in the front fender flare and i jiggled it around and i was able to pull the front of it right up off the bracket....how do i fix this so it is solid again? i didnt see any brackets or screws holding it on. THanks for any info.

The bracket has studs that run inwards into the fender with nuts on the inside. On my 97 there are access holes in the liners to get at the nuts. However, trying to tighten them if they are rusted at all will probably break them off. I drilled mine out of the bracket and replaced them with bolts. Try epoxy or some other way of holding them so you can tighten the nuts. I actually put the bolts back in the other way and used fender washers. It is hard to get a wrench under the flare to tighten it, but when the tires flex off-road they won't get busted off because they stick too far into the wheelwell like the stock studs.

I c....i'll have to take a look tomorrow to see if i can find where your reffering too. Thanks

Back