• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP asap SHOCK MOUNT

KJT95Country

NAXJA Forum User
so after being abused by a speed bump, i'm left to deal with a broken lower shock mount on the front left. anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

suggestions appreciated/needed
TIA
f686c322.jpg

f686c4d9.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2814635093&idx=4 <= in case the pics dont show up

first that thing is a rust bucket.

what i would do is buy one that is ment for the rear and weld it below the stock mount. only thing i can think of.

1 - i cant see your pics

2 - based on what it sounds like - BPE's might be able to help you

thanks for the suggestions.

XJRanger -> not bpe's the whole plate-type thing is totaled, the pics are on imagestation.com, so there server might be down, not sure

yucca man - those shock mounts look to be the best solution i've seen this far. thanks for the links

paul - sorry i couldn't afford a new one, and any car that's 7+ years old around here typicaly looks the same. and welding a rear to the front is probably my easiest solution, but not sure how it'll work cuz of the spring perch.....

i have another axle available, do you think it would be possible to cut off the stuff i need from that and weld it on???

i appreciate the help

If you've got another axle available, that might be a better solution to swap that in. If you were going to cut brackets off that axle and weld them back in, it seems easier/cleaner to use weld-in brackets instead. I know rust is pretty common up there, does the second axle look as bad as this one?

not really sure about its condition, besides that it would be coming off a 93 w/roughly 175K on it, and mine's a 95 w/60K

i guess i could pick up a junkyard axle?

this just blows because its a daily driver....

also what you can do is take some 1/4 plate and fab the new shock bracket. make it come from the axle tube and shoot up to where the stock shock mount was. and tie it in where it broke to the new bracket.

what kinda condition is the other axle in, if its better swap that in.

Back