• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil spring spacers

SteelblueSteve

NAXJA Member #1179
I just installed some Daystar 1 3/4 spacers on my 01 Cherokee. I didn't want the full lift so I left the stock rubber ones off. What I have a question about is that the poly spacers fit on the perch real loosely, seemed like a lot of slop between the two. The picture on the install instruction sheet shows it being knocked on with a rubber mallet. Should I have any concerns about the new ones or not .

when i put my RR spacers on, it was hard to get them over the bumpstop lip, but after i got it past that, it moved all over the place. with the weight of the vehicle and 1,000 miles afterward, i havent had any problems yet...

all over the place refers to - the spacer didnt stay at the top, it slid down, but once i put the coil spring in, it stayed right where it should.

good times?

XJ_ranger said:
when i put my RR spacers on, it was hard to get them over the bumpstop lip, but after i got it past that, it moved all over the place. with the weight of the vehicle and 1,000 miles afterward, i havent had any problems yet...

all over the place refers to - the spacer didnt stay at the top, it slid down, but once i put the coil spring in, it stayed right where it should.

good times?

Mine were about 5 years ago, made by ProThane...they required that nifty little bottle jack and later a mallet to get them to seat at the top. I'm wanting to do ACOS now and I'm afraid I'll have to cut the spacers off. :looney:

Back