• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231 linkage

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I know.... go atlas or 300 and get sticks... well it's not an option for now, so I'd like to know what can be done to improve the linkage?
I just put all new bushings and it works way better but I'm wondering if operation can be improved in any other way. Someone told me to convert to TJ style linkage, but after looking under TJ I don't really see much improvement.

I got tired of squashing bushings, so after having to run both Fordyce and Rubicon in Aug without being able to get it into 2low, I got rid of the bushings and used heim joints. I got female heim joints the size of the hole in the linkage tabs, I think it was 7/16. I popped out the bushings and bolted up the heims with a bolt through that hole, and used all thread rod threaded into the heim joints for the linkage. Simple, and it works perfectly, with no play in the linkage.

Goatman said:
I got tired of squashing bushings, so after having to run both Fordyce and Rubicon in Aug without being able to get it into 2low, I got rid of the bushings and used heim joints. I got female heim joints the size of the hole in the linkage tabs, I think it was 7/16. I popped out the bushings and bolted up the heims with a bolt through that hole, and used all thread rod threaded into the heim joints for the linkage. Simple, and it works perfectly, with no play in the linkage.

I think I understand... any chance you could snap a pic or two though ?? Also where did you buy the heim joints at?

Thanks

Goatman said:

pics.

Goatman said:

Yeah Richard could you post some pictures. I have no problem with mine right now but for future reference.

Maybe one of these with a piece of all thread in between? Then run a bolt through the hole in the linkage in a single shear mounting style.
http://www.fkrodends.com/precision/sjftsjflt.html
sjftsj47.gif

I've thought of that but I haven't had a problem yet. Maybe I'm not into jerking on my lever like you guys. :D

Back