• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

roll cage design

rokbrkr

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, and I don't own a jeep anymore, but I do have some customers with jeeps, and that brings me to my question for you.

I have a 2000 XJ sport to put an interior roll cage in, with the idea in mind to stiffen the chassis so the vehicle will live longer with out destroying itself, all of the cages I've seen are from the firewall back, I would like to go thru the firewall to triangulate all four corners, we need to keep the heater, AC, and all creature comforts intact, has anyone seen this done, or know where I can find pics, I have some ideas, but would like to see others if possible.
thanks, Steve.

Here's a pic that I found from a Jeepspeed XJ:

0405_4wd_beyond05_z.jpg

He's from Idaho Falls. We don't even really claim that part of the state. Everything from Pokeyourtello and east is just leftovers.

Go through the top of the dash and tie to the firewall right at the base of the A-pillar. I haven't seen that done in a while. Beezil is going to build mine like that while I go hunting.

I am going to be adding that to my cage here real soon. What I have planned is it make it semi bolt together. I can squish the firewall with the engine cage and the rest of it. I ditched the dash so that it could make it easier. I have kept the heater and I could have kept the a/c. Here is a link to my cage when i was building it. I am going to try to use the coil mounts for a mounting point and the front bumper. I will try to update pictures as it goes.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35450

Matt

Beezil said:
if you are a friend of lincoln, I refuse to answer this question!

he's made a bad name for you guys from idaho!

Don't know who lincoln is,....... please don't judge everyone from a state for the actions of one person, I have a top notch shop, with 4 years of service to the 4 wheeling comunity, and not one disatisfied customer, if you can find one let me know!!!

To everyone else, thank you for the info, it is helpfull. I will try to post pics for you guys as I go along, any more pics or ideas would be welcome, I will be starting the cage next thursday, thanks, Steve.

rokbrkr said:
Don't know who lincoln is,....... please don't judge everyone from a state for the actions of one person, I have a top notch shop, with 4 years of service to the 4 wheeling comunity, and not one disatisfied customer, if you can find one let me know!!!

To everyone else, thank you for the info, it is helpfull. I will try to post pics for you guys as I go along, any more pics or ideas would be welcome, I will be starting the cage next thursday, thanks, Steve.

I dunno man, when you meet lincoln, you'll see what the worry is all about!

If you have four years of service you mush have 4 years experience that you can bring to NAXJA and help answer questions bout stuff... how would we keep you comming back... [:)]

rokbrkr said:

Don't fret, he's been in a smart a$$ mood lately. It's easy to be that way when you drive a space wagon. We'll let you stay around if you become less sensitve. Otherwise I really will have to remove eastern Idaho from my map. Unless I want to go Elk hunting.

Do a search for cages on here. There are some pretty good ones. And I was serious about attaching to the firewall at the base of the A-pillar.

Beezil's space ride:
152791271DBmoYk_ph.jpg

Beezil said:
I dunno man, when you meet lincoln, you'll see what the worry is all about!

Keeping people away keeps the imports at bay.

Now go do something useful before I have to wake up and get witty. Fricken troll, I should complain to the bod that your picking on me.

Lincoln said:
Keeping people away keeps the imports at bay.

Now go do something useful before I have to wake up and get witty. Fricken troll, I should complain to the bod that your picking on me.

I think I'm gonna bring my air rifle out there too.....let's hunt each other one day. I've already gotten my lincoln tag......limit: one

Beezil said:
I think I'm gonna bring my air rifle out there too.....let's hunt each other one day. I've already gotten my lincoln tag......limit: one

You do that city boy. I'll bring this and don't forget your orange camo:
beezil_hunter.jpg

I think this thread is destined for the den.

Lincoln said:
Don't fret, he's been in a smart a$$ mood lately. It's easy to be that way when you drive a space wagon. We'll let you stay around if you become less sensitve. Otherwise I really will have to remove eastern Idaho from my map. Unless I want to go Elk hunting.

Do a search for cages on here. There are some pretty good ones. And I was serious about attaching to the firewall at the base of the A-pillar.

Beezil's space ride:
152791271DBmoYk_ph.jpg

didn't mean to get my undies in a bunch, all that attitude caught me off gaurd....it's all good! you guys have some great pics of some nice work, it's been very helpfull!

rokbrkr said:
didn't mean to get my undies in a bunch, all that attitude caught me off gaurd....it's all good! you guys have some great pics of some nice work, it's been very helpfull!

Just make sure when you do a search to only include posts from Beezil or I. We have the only tech worth reading. :D

Lincoln said:
Just make sure when you do a search to only include posts from Beezil or I. We have the only tech worth reading. :D
However, 98% of your posts are in the Den, so he'll only bring up about 16 tech posts from you.

rok where in idaho are you from? I'm from eastern WA...halfway between yakima and the tri-cities, but south, closer to the WA/Or border. i cant wait to go home and drive my "other" jeep, and get back up in the cascades

rokbrkr said:

no attitude.

we're just havin fun here.

gawd I hate lincoln

Okie Terry said:
However, 98% of your posts are in the Den, so he'll only bring up about 16 tech posts from you.

All the good tech is in the den. Besides, I counted once and I had at least 17 posts outside of the den.

Back