• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 Outer Seal Replacement

CartsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I found out that I need to replace the outer seals on my 8.25, anything special I need to do. Or is it just drain the fluid, pull the cover, remove the c-clips, pull the axles, pry out old seals, put new ones in, grease axles well, and put everything back together? TIA

CartsXJ said:
I found out that I need to replace the outer seals on my 8.25, anything special I need to do. Or is it just drain the fluid, pull the cover, remove the c-clips, pull the axles, pry out old seals, put new ones in, grease axles well, and put everything back together? TIA

Got it down that far, don't forget to add a locker or LSD while it's all apart :D
Oh, after refilling it and driving it a bit, 5mi or so, recheck the fluid level, once the fluid drains out of the axle tubes it takes a few miles to get it back in there.

its already got the trash-lock, that is still pretty tight. Saving the detroit for the 60 laying in the parking lot, along with the 3/4 ton 44 or 1-ton 60 I have lying next to it, not sure what one I want to go with next year. Going to do the full width swap like MoutainMac just finished up on his 98.....nice work Mac....his XJ is pimp :greensmok: want one like it, just black.

Back