• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toledo Ohio area Lift Shop

coryenyeart

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning to have my jeep lifted. I am going to find a shop to do this one since it is a daily driver. I am thinking about taking it to a shop called four wheel drive diversified in Maumee Ohio. I was wondering if anyone has used them before and what they thought. If anyone knows of another shop that would be helpful also.

About 6 years ago my brother (lives outside Findlay) had them do some spring work on his 93 Dodge Ram. Quality stuff and nice workmanship.

T

Anyone else? When I called to discuss a lift with them they really promoted trailmaster.

My jeep is a 97 and I'm lifting it because my springs are beat. Most of the year I have several hundred pounds of scuba gear in the back and I feel like upgrading my suspension.

As far as offroading goes I occasionally take it into a muddy area when hunting or fishing, but nothing major.

It is a daily driver by the way.

The guys at 4wdd seem pretty cool, I've bought things from them in the past. If ya don't mind the drive I'd go to a little shop in Wyandotte Mi called Jeepers Creeperz. The owner seems to be pretty cool too. If it were me I might just stay away from trailmaster products though and try another one. I had rubicon express stuff in the past and it is of good quality, good luck, Judd

I went there twice and I won't go back. They do great work from what I've seen/heard, but one of the times I went in I asked about a budget boost (should be $100-250 plus labor) and they kept insisting that I go with a 4 1/2" lift (Trailmaster, I believe) for about $1300 (incl. labor). For the 4 1/2" lift, I guess that's not really a bad price, except that I told the guy more than once that I was only interested in a lift under 3 inches. I left feeling as though I was being made fun of because of some of his comments about small lifts being wimpy.
Then again, 4WDD must be doing something right because they're the only offroad shop within at least 35 miles and they've been around for a while. There's another one in Carlton, MI, I think, on Telegraph that I stopped in about two years ago. It was pretty clear I wasn't even going to get anything, yet they were really cool, answering questions and talking with me.

Last edited:
Well Judd, I think we have a simular experience with the 4 inch trailmaster deal. What I think I really want is a 2 to 3 inch old man emu lift. The guy at 4wdd turned his nose up at that request and insisted I wanted the trailmaster lift. I'm looking mostly to replace my beat springs, add a couple inches of lift, and improve the ride. I also use this as my daily driver and as cool as it might look just don't need or find a 4 inch lift that practical for me.

Back