• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is wrong with WA?

Cancelling Christmas can't be far behind...oh wait, they already do that. They call it "Winter Break" and in some places discourage the wishing of "Merry Christmas" to others. Screw this PC CRAP!!

GSequoia said:
LOL, I hear ya. Last year, my kids were not allowed to exchange valentines cards. No Easter stuff, no Christmas stuff, etc...

They have a child in the school that is in a family that does not celebrate any of those. So no children were allowed to partake. Not even birthday stuff... arrgghhh.

I went to the new superintendant last week and had a very long and hopefully worthwhile talk. I think all of that is BS. I let him know my mind, so will see.

I remember when we had to do drills and hide under our desks in preperation for Nuke attacks. Now that they do not have to do that anymore, the best thing they can come up with is to be so damned politically correct that they make themselves out to be idiots.

I am going to stop now... this crap strikes a DEEP nerve with me. I HATE PC crap.

Yucca-Man said:
Cancelling Christmas can't be far behind...oh wait, they already do that. They call it "Winter Break" and in some places discourage the wishing of "Merry Christmas" to others. Screw this PC CRAP!!
Oh they started on that. Last year some city in the east disallowed Santa Clause's presence during the tree lightning ceremony (go figure that one out: like the tree doesn't say christmas in the first place)

Glenn said:
LOL, I hear ya. Last year, my kids were not allowed to exchange valentines cards. No Easter stuff, no Christmas stuff, etc...

They have a child in the school that is in a family that does not celebrate any of those. So no children were allowed to partake. Not even birthday stuff... arrgghhh.

Well ya know...if there are students who for whatever reason do not wish to partake in these events they should have alternatives for them, like library or study time away from the class. I know that happens in our school districts here in Vancouver. I mean if its for religious reasons, to each his own, but the other kids who wish to participate in thses activities should be allowed to.

I think everyone should have to wear a yamika on fridays so nobody knows who's who. ( yes this is my subtle attempt at sarcasm.)

its sad a bunch of schlemiels run the school districts. Back to the basics!!
Reading, writing, arithmatic. Most of our children don't get that in school anymore.

Last edited:
Well, I know about the non-celebrating stuff. You can thank a Jehovah's Witness for that little bit of fun. Thanks to Jimmy Simons in 3rd grade, we didnt get to celebrate anything either. Oh well.

On the other side of that though, our "Fall Holiday" here just happens to coincide with the first day of hunting season.

Fergie

Fergie said:
Well, I know about the non-celebrating stuff. You can thank a Jehovah's Witness for that little bit of fun. Thanks to Jimmy Simons in 3rd grade, we didnt get to celebrate anything either. Oh well.

On the other side of that though, our "Fall Holiday" here just happens to coincide with the first day of hunting season.

Fergie

The first part may be true. But on the other hand while most people don't like them, they have been in front of the supreme court numerous times fighting for 1st amendment rights that have helped many others than just their group.

red91inWA said:
The first part may be true. But on the other hand while most people don't like them, they have been in front of the supreme court numerous times fighting for 1st amendment rights that have helped many others than just their group.
Unlikely anybody really cares. I know I do not. If they want to have beliefs... great. Do not get in the way of others. Their parents can explain to them how we are heathens etc... go for it. If they want to raise warped children, I feel sorry for them. Too bad. I could really care less what they think. They can be parents and explain thing as they wish, just as I do.

Damned wierdos. Stay outta my hair.

Glenn said:
Unlikely anybody really cares. I know I do not. If they want to have beliefs... great. Do not get in the way of others. Their parents can explain to them how we are heathens etc... go for it. If they want to raise warped children, I feel sorry for them. Too bad. I could really care less what they think. They can be parents and explain thing as they wish, just as I do.

Damned wierdos. Stay outta my hair.

i hear ya. thats what i attested to in my first post. The minority should not be able to over run the MAJORITY.

Speaking as an Irishman,
I think evey day should be St. Patty's Day!
Then no one would care about anything any more!

God invented whiskey so the Irish would not rule the world!

seanR said:
God invented whiskey so the Irish would not rule the world!

I thought it was:

God made the English and decided he didnt want them to rule. So he made the Scottish so the English could never rule the world. Then he made whiskey(single malt, non of that blended crap) so the Scottish could never rule.

And the Irish...well they have their language and their island, so they'll never rule either. The samrt ones swam over and became the Scots!

Fergie

Crap like that makes me proud to live in the great state of Idaho. When that crap starts happening here I'll move to Montana, if it happens their then it's on to Wyoming.

I dunno about WA but around here, us witches, pagans and other heathens celebrate Halloween, Christmas and all other fun crap... it's unfair to the kids to not let them participate.

:firedevil

p.s. Due to the overabundance of catholic schools in the area, Illinois actually has a k-8 school of witchcraft, kinda like the real Hogwart's. Bring that up at your next revival...

Back