• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to SAFELY revove passenger side airbag

Install some random things? I know, I know, you don't want to hear about why you shouldn't do this. Well, I'm going to tell you anyway, so if it's only going to tick you off, you'd better click the 'back' button right now.

Let's say you get in an accident when a passenger is in your Jeep. Let's say the passenger gets injured. Your insurance will have to pay for their injuries. Except that insurance companies don't like paying for anything if they don't have to, and they all have teams of lawyers working on every case to see if there's a way they can get out of it. In this case, you've given them the perfect excuse for denying the claim.

Removing the driver's airbag for off-roading is not a good idea, but it's not completely stupid. Removing the passenger's airbag, though...

unplug the electrical connector, and unbolt the airbag. simple as that.

You will render both airbags useless and turn on the light in the dash.

Don't know about VA, but in CA they'll fail your car at emissions if your airbag light is lit. Also, I think you have to have all factory installed airbags in place and functioning in order to sell and/or register a vehicle

Actually ….. Do what "HodgePodge" said 1st :

Unhook the Negative (-) battery cable first please.. Don't want to read about you in the news.

Then … WAIT 15 – 30 minutes.

Then … Do what "Digger87xj" said :

unplug the electrical connector, and unbolt the airbag. simple as that.

And in that order!!!! :wave:

QUOTE=dothedew24_7]just as it says- I want it out so I can install some random things in that area- any body know how to do this?[/QUOTE]

"I'm insured through my uncle..."

If that means your uncle is a multi-millionaire who has told you he'll pay for any accident, fine. If that means your uncle is an insurance agent who sold you the policy, he will have no control whatsoever over whether or not the company will deny the claim.

Back