• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear fenders chop is done *pics*

xjj33p3r

NAXJA Member #1108
rightside.jpg

Those are 30" tires just for some comparison

did you cut into the inner fender or just slice and tuck? getting those flares on and cut are a bitch, aint they.

Yea I cut about 2 inches above the pinch seem, then hammered the existing well up to that line, and welded it all back together. After doing all that, putting the flares on was the easy part

haha when i did mine i thought i was working on a master thesis :shiver:

I think that is was well worth it, considering that most people don't like to do this. What I like is that now if I choose to get really flexy in the rear, I've got plenty of room to make up for it

xjj33p3r said:
Yea I cut about 2 inches above the pinch seem, then hammered the existing well up to that line, and welded it all back together. After doing all that, putting the flares on was the easy part
So you cut the pinch seam and then hammered it back up? How much room did you gain? Have any pics of how you did that?

Here's a picture of how much trimming we did
DCP_2493.jpg

In the end, I gained about 4" of extra clearance. If you look at where your stock flare starts on the body, that's where we cut.

Sorry about so many questions.
Did you have any trouble getting it back in. In the inside there is the carpet and seats and I was wondering if it hit any of that, or if there is room or not.

There was plenty room for hitting the fender up in there. I only ran into one small problem...
ijustgotburned.jpg

We didn't realize that the inner molding was so close to the sheet metal, and while welding the insulation caught on fire, and we didn't notice it till it got this bad. If you're going to do this project, remove that inner molding so you don't get burned like I did. I ended up removing that piece and all of the carpet.

i got lazy on one side when i was doing mine and neglected to remove the foam sealer they use around there and it was catching on fire all over the place. pretty sure breathing it took a few years off my life too

good job.. i did the same thing except with all rear flares

Back