• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hard-core wheeling

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Just to be cordial, I thought I'd post this to see if any of you CO guys would like to join the WCGIC for some wheeling in AZ. This is a hardcore trip, and there will be minimum equipment and previous experience requirements. A couple of years ago when we came to CO we ran 21 Road and Montrose and no one from CO showed up. Grant and Led did join us for Avalanche Ranch. Last year, Randy Harris joined us for a couple of days.

If any of you CO guys are interested, send me a PM.

:D

Richard,
Thanks for the invitation, but as you are aware, the Colorado contingent does not wheel. Our sole purpose is to wrench and shop at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Please do not SPAM our chapter with your taunting posts. Could you post some dates so I can begin to formulate some better excuses than I've had in previous years.

Thanks

I assume this is for BOTW in the spring? I may be able to schedule some vacation. I'd love to swing down.

-JonK

dates would be helpfull and where in AZ? thanks
Led

I'm interested if the $$$ thing works out. Just got word today my job may be going away in a few weeks.

Oh by the way, will Grant's Disco fit the minimum requirements? :doh:

I'm not hardcore. :(

:D

Check your e-mail. If you don't get it, PM me with a current e-mail address.

Kaczman said:
Richard,
Thanks for the invitation, but as you are aware, the Colorado contingent does not wheel. Our sole purpose is to wrench and shop at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Please do not SPAM our chapter with your taunting posts. Could you post some dates so I can begin to formulate some better excuses than I've had in previous years.

Thanks

:laugh2:

I assume this is for BOTW in the spring? I may be able to schedule some vacation. I'd love to swing down.

-JonK

So, anyone else interested in a week of wheeling in the beautiful Arizona desert? You couldn't ask for better wheeling companions, and the evening talk around the campfire is very lively.

:D :D

P.S. trip after this we'll probably be back in CO, will you guys be ready by then?

:)

PM me Richard. I may swing down and watch if I don't meet the "minimum".

Feb 20-26, around Phoenix and Parker in AZ.

Check out the non-tech forum, I posted some info there about the trip.

I'm getting really tempted. Current plans would mean locating the XJ axles under the buggy to be ready in time.

But still waiting on 2005's SCCA schedules, and rally is in chaos so our plan to run Pikes Peak won't be final until late Dec. after the Laughlin FIA rally.

I am probably about 51/48 certain right now, the thought of Hinckley and Crash is pretty scary though.

The new Mini is scheduled to arrive in St Louis the last week in Feb, and it looks like we'll only have ten days to get it ready for the first event, time will tell.

Hoping to make it.

Grant

Wheeling, what's that? I only wheel on the internet, that way the wife is never upset about me getting new dents/scratches, breaking stuff or wanting to do more upgrades to get up that next obstacle.

Kevin

Grant said:
I'm getting really tempted. Current plans would mean locating the XJ axles under the buggy to be ready in time.

But still waiting on 2005's SCCA schedules, and rally is in chaos so our plan to run Pikes Peak won't be final until late Dec. after the Laughlin FIA rally.

I am probably about 51/48 certain right now, the thought of Hinckley and Crash is pretty scary though.

The new Mini is scheduled to arrive in St Louis the last week in Feb, and it looks like we'll only have ten days to get it ready for the first event, time will tell.

Hoping to make it.

Grant

Grant, so you're going to have his and her Mini's?

Is this so Carol can have her own...........or so you can have your own? :D

Has anyone actually seen Grant race..........or is this just another form of lame CO excuse?

:D :D

Richard,
The relentless taunting has become tiresome. Please leave us alone. As I stated in my previous post, it is getting more difficult to fabricate valid, and plausible reasons to not wheel with you. Maybe we just don't like you.

-JonK

I'm still working with the budget committee. I actually drove my junk today. It felt goooooood. :)

Kaczman said:
Richard,
The relentless taunting has become tiresome. Please leave us alone. As I stated in my previous post, it is getting more difficult to fabricate valid, and plausible reasons to not wheel with you. Maybe we just don't like you.

-JonK

I'm still working with the budget committee. I actually drove my junk today. It felt goooooood. :)

Jon, it's not wheeling with you and your junk that I'm after.

I miss your cooking........

Nope not his and hers Mini's. Selling the 03 and upgrading to an 05. 05's have a LSD which will be worth about 1.5 seconds on a 60 second lap. All Mini Cooper S's are in the same class - thanks SCCA (not a popular decision at all).

Actually we don't race - we use our computer to conduct some serious bench racing though!!

Goatman said:
Jon, it's not wheeling with you and your junk that I'm after.

I miss your cooking........

I knew I shouldn't have been such a good camp bitch. Next time I'll probably get stuck doing the laundry too.

-JonK

Back