• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedo sensor

summit56

NAXJA Forum User
Alright i have a 1992 cherokee with a 1998 231 transfer case and the plug on the jeep is two wires and the plugin on the transfer case is three. i bought a 1992 speedo sensor but it doesnt work. the housing is different. I need to figure out a way to get this to work.

alright well i cut the plug off and tried to just wire it to the 98 sensor but that didnt work. Do all the newer 231s have the three prong plugs?

Last edited:
The tailcone style changed with the new body style in 97. You could try swapping the `92 tailcone onto the 98 t-case, that way the `92 speed sensor would work.

I'm not positive that this will work but it's worth a shot.

-Neal

baseballneal86 said:
The tailcone style changed with the new body style in 97. You could try swapping the `92 tailcone onto the 98 t-case, that way the `92 speed sensor would work.

I'm not positive that this will work but it's worth a shot.

-Neal
Of the top of my head I think the 97 has 2 wires.... I had swapped the 97 speedo on to the 98 tcase that went back under my 97 xj.

i cant change the tail cone housing. that would ruin the point of my SYE. thanks for the idea though

Back