• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA Chapter?

themud said:
We would but we dont wanna take it up the a^%$ with your gas prices :passgas: ....
well it looks like you got your own supply of gas so you don't need ours :D Now if you could only figure out a way to harness it and power up the rig with it.

AZ DESERT RAT said:
I live in Arizona...but haven't seen a NAXJA chapter that covers our region? Is there one or will there be? Just curious as there are alot of XJ's down here...
Well chapters get formed when enough interested people (IIRC minimum is a dozen or so) get organized and make things happen. So in essence, want a chapter? figure out who is in AZ and if they're interested and if so would they be willing to work towards it and if there are any people who are willing to run for chapter BOD positions and..... go from there.

there are a ton of guys that are local that are on this forum. But I think to many are two cheap or already belong to to many clubs.

The NAXJA Intermountain Chapter boundries include Utah, most of Idaho, NM, AZ, Eastern NV, Western Wyo, merely to allow those in less XJ-owner populated areas surrounding Utah to be involved. This large of a footprint is somewhat prohibitive for folks who must travel 4-8 hours just to attend a chapter meeting or one-day chapter run, but we wanted to open it up to increase the interest in NAXJA.

If the number of local XJers in your area is 10 or greater, I say get going on your own chapter. We'll gladly shrink the NAXJA IC boundries (based in Utah) as surrounding states organize their own chapters.

Rick Norman for AZ Chapter Prez? :wow:

Well thats the problem I noticed...its hard enough to get local guys to show up for meetings...nevermind the 12-16 hour drive for someone like me....it works well for all the National events...but we can't attend the smaller local stuff....I guess we'll see how it goes...

I'm originally from AZ and may be moving back next year and would be interested in an AZ chapter. But like azxj said, ya gotta join up before you can have a part in forming a chapter. If someone else gets one going, you'd be more than welcome to attend but to start one or to count towards the requisite numbers to start one you need to be an actual member.

I belive the next step to take would be post this in the member forum. That would start to get the ball rolling.

Back