• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hemi grand cherokee

I sell Jeeps in Dallas. I saw the 4x4 HEMI out handle a GT Mustang in a slalom course and then our ran it in a straight away. ITS BAD A$$.

But the HEMI will cost more like $40,000

I dont know, I'd wait until they start making the XJ again and buy that instead, but alas that may never happen.
I believe that Grand is going to be in the high 30's and 40's, for the hemi option. The only people we'll see driving those are city girls, I dont know if I want to be driving a car that is associated with city driving, women and rich people.
These cars are suppose to be for us men, or mean looking ladies.
All I see though are 100-120 lb blonde bimbos driving these suvs that are suppose to be "big and bad."

kewlkatdady said:
I sell Jeeps in Dallas. I saw the 4x4 HEMI out handle a GT Mustang in a slalom course and then our ran it in a straight away. ITS BAD A$$.

But the HEMI will cost more like $40,000

I just read a road test on it in car and driver and it went 0-60 in 7.0 seconds and did the quarter in 15.5 and got a pathetic 12 mpg in their tests. I'm not at all impressed. I'd much rather have a 4.7L HO WJ, its faster too.

BTW, based on those numbers I don't know how it could out run a Mustang GT.

Maybe the C&D testors can't drive, lol. It has healthy hp and torque #s but it weighs 4860lbs, thats pretty portly and puts a pretty big dent in performance #s. Hell, thats about what my '01 extended cab Silverado weighs.

Back