• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tx Case Lowering

Centrevillemx

NAXJA Forum User
THis is gonna sound dumb, but is there any reason you can lower a case 1.5-2"? All the lowering kits Ive seen are 1" so Im guessing theres a reason.

Feel free to backhand me if this is a stupid question. :twak:

You could probably do it, but it would put more stress on the motor mounts, & why would you want to put the t-case closer to harms way :dunno:

Rob

not necessarly a stupid question, just a stupid idea. Im sure it can be done but you may be causing problems in other areas. Plus any size drop is a loss of ground clearance. Just remember that when you drop the case you are tilting your whole motor/trans/t-case assembly. At large drops you will have trouble with things like shift linkages, shifter hitting floor with manual trans, mech fan hitting shroud, engine mounts at bad angles (which could cause their own problems), and pinion angle (You can shim the rear pinion up to match the t-case angle to correct that.).

I have a .75 drop that is about to go 1". I used aluminum square stock. I dont have vibes, but this isnt permanent by any means.

fordtech said:
not necessarly a stupid question, just a stupid idea. Im sure it can be done but you may be causing problems in other areas. Plus any size drop is a loss of ground clearance. Just remember that when you drop the case you are tilting your whole motor/trans/t-case assembly. At large drops you will have trouble with things like shift linkages, shifter hitting floor with manual trans, mech fan hitting shroud, engine mounts at bad angles (which could cause their own problems), and pinion angle (You can shim the rear pinion up to match the t-case angle to correct that.).

well put.

Back