• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best long arm kit

Which long arm upgrade

• Clayton Hard arm kit ($799) welding required

Votes: 47 48.5%
  • RE Long arm upgrade ($949)

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • Rusty's Long arm upgrade ($800 ?)

Votes: 20 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
None

of the three: Clayton's-- I'm not afraid of welding, and wouldn't put ANYTHING from Rusty's on my rig....

however, I'm building my own...

None------I will stick to my drop brackets, and probably fairly soon radius arms.=====Kyle

clayton's are lifetime guarentee aginst breaking, bending, or "malfunctioning"

Clayton's all the way... square tube offers better support over extended lengths than rond does.. less prone to bend.. and anything with HEIM joints = bad ju-ju...

did you notice how for a while the trendy thing to do was long arms and now people are not doing long arms because they are trendy. Then there are the people who dont do them because of an actual good reason. With the current trend of alot of people doing coil-overs I wonder if soon that will be the un-cool thing.

On my XJ, I installed the Clayton kit; very easy. If you can't weld, the kit is designed to install the cross member and drive it (stock) to somewhere to get it welded up. Clayton gets my vote.

I have no experience with those kits, but i have made my own setups, and my opinion is that long arms are best left to street applications and prerunner-type setups. In a hill climb, they have a tendency to unload the suspension and lead to some scary shite. I played with limiting straps and other goodies in attempts to make them work better, but the only way i was able to really make them function was using long LCA's and short uppers, rather than a triangulated link, which in some ways counteracted the usefulness of the longarms. my advice is to consider why you want them before considering who you are going to buy them from. if you are building a rockcrawler or hillclimber, there are better setups to consider. just a couple of canadian cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back