• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Final lift questions. Trackbar, dakota brakeline...

xjfish

NAXJA Forum User
Well I've done about all I have time for/can do with my suspension and I'm ready to bring it to a shop to have the rest of the work done. Just wanted to double check a few things. I will be getting an alignment, new tires and wheels installed, new axle u-joint and a longer rear brakeline installed.

-Installed an adjustable trackbar with a TRE. The threaded end of the tre does not come up far enough through the frame mount to put a pin though the castle nut. Is this really necessary if i check it periodically?? Bar is on very tight and solid. Also should I ask the shop doing the alignment to adjust the trackbar?

-Hit NAPA up for a rear brakeline for a 96 Dodge Dakota 4x4 (opted for this because longer than YJ). Was told this would bolt right up in place of the stock one with no modifications. Correct, or need to retap?

-Couldn't find Control arm bolt size anywhere! So i replaced one of the 4 LCA bolts with a 1/2" instead of 9/16" temporarily. Seems to be tight and LCA doesn't seem to move and no clunks or noises under hard turning. ?bad

Also bought a new set of open ended lug nuts. I know they're ugly but I was in a hurry and OEM ones were $5 each@20=$100. Nothing wrong with them with rust, lugs getting mashed ect?

Anything else I should get done while I'm at it? Thanks for any help! :)

Last edited:
Back