• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much for windsheild replacment?

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
I am lokoing for a new windsheild, but it being sunday night most places are closed. Just wondering what it would cost to replace a windsheild on a 97 XJ plus a new rubber gasket/seal thing. Just wonding how much it cost you.

Thanks
Chris

I paid $130 for mine glued in. Mine is an 85.

i shopped around this summer and had the w/s in the 87 replaced out of pocket.. prices ranged from $350 to $159... i went cheap.... call around and get as many quotes as you can.. they will be a huge variance in the prices...

My recollection is about $150 for an '88, with them coming to my home to do it. The '88 has stainless trim, so add to that the cost of a new rubber surround if you have the new style.

I think I paid $230 for mine, ppg and drove into the shop where they put it in, took about 30 min and they used new trim, 98XJ.

$190.00 for my 1990. Glued and everything.

Mine was done in Fort Worth about 3 months ago for 75 dollars thanks to insurance and a coupon that saved me 100 bucks.

Everything replaced right in my office parking lot in about 30 minutes while I worked.

it was on a 91, got it done by autoglass plus

ZombiE said:
Florida, free. Gotta love that......

And they come out to your office to do it..

Alex
Free? I don't think so.

Do you mean your insurance paid for it rather than you? Mine was paid for by insurance, too, but it still cost $150 for the job, and that's what someone else needs to know if they want to establish what the job "should" cost.

The marjority of insurance companies in FL will give you free windshields with full coverage and wave your deductible. I think I actually remembering hearing that it was a law down there.....

Yes Eagle, you are correct. It does cost the insurance company the money, but I don't know how much. It is "Free" to the fully insured. Florida state law. No Deductible etc...

bzdel2441, I guess that didn't help answer your original question. I should learn to read the whole post before replying..... :dunce:

Alex

mine cost ~$220 for them to do it while I was at work... came home and whalla... new glass.

Back