• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doorless XJ's

ucilxj

NAXJA Forum User
I know in many states by law it is required to have side mirrors. any suggestions on how to either make removable mirrors for when the doors are off, or making permanate ones the dont effect the mirrors if doors are on or off?? anyone do anything to their XJ's? pictures?

get some CJ mirrors and mount them on the fender or A-pillar...

p3259.JPG

http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sg...QA=1&UREQB=2&UREQC=3&UREQD=4&FNM=00&x=70&y=41

No real good pics, but here's a couple.

I just bolted a mirror through one of the holes on the body's hinge. Get the mirror at any auto parts store.

is.php

Just for fun:
is.php

In ILL. you only need 1 rearview mirror. According to the State & County Officiers,I have talked to the center mirror is suficient. Unless you cannot see out of it. IE. rear cargo area full or towing a trailer. JIM.

JEONLYEP said:
You could do like mine, but with the mirror on the fender instead of the door.

halfdoor2.JPG
How did you do that? That's pretty dang sweet. But, I really would like a window or maybe some kind of soft cover for that area

Or else wranglers wouldn't have that option. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove doors whenever your bolts are rounded off? Damn torx bolts rounded off as soon as I started turning.

just hammer out the hing pin. wd40 or liquid wrench the pin and then pound it out.

xjj33p3r said:
Oh ok, sounds good. Then I could cut the bottom of the hinge to make a slide off door type thing, correct?

if you want. with the pins out the door falls off then you'll have more room to get the bolt out. instead of bustin your knuckles.

xjj33p3r said:
But, I really would like a window or maybe some kind of soft cover for that area
then dont take your doors off! :flipoff2:

xjj33p3r said:
Or else wranglers wouldn't have that option. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove doors whenever your bolts are rounded off? Damn torx bolts rounded off as soon as I started turning.

That's because you used the wrong size. ;)

Or else wranglers wouldn't have that option.

Yea, except Wranglers come with removable doors from the factory. If it's not a factory option it is illegal to remove the doors and operate it on the street, and if you are only going to remove the doors on the trail, you wouldn't need mirrors anyway.

Back