• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bulletproof steering anyone??

Los11

NAXJA Forum User
Whats up guys,I did a search but couldnt find to much on bulletproofsteering was thinking of ordering there OTK crossover system for my 2000 XJ D30 front. Just wanted to see if anybody out there is running it, how its holding up, also really wanted to know what mods will be needed in order to make this system fit I know the swaybar tab is probably gonna get in the way, but wondering if anything else is an issue with this kit. Also what do you guys think of the trailprrof dom size tubing 1.125 OD .22 inner they have a race proof which is 1.325 OD and .375 inner but I am thinking the ticker the tub the more clearance issues. Also I am running 15x8 with 4" backspacing will the OTK clear?? Any help and info on this would really be appreciated take care guys...

Anybody...

Nobody has any info on these systems, is this like a stupid question or something. WTF this sucks..

Hey whats up thanks for the PM.. Yeah I have been on there website, I just want to get info on the system on XJ's there site really doesnt have anything on that. Pretty much just want to get people opinions to see if its worth it. Also want to know what exactly am I going to have to customize in order to make it fit right.

Los11 said:
Hey whats up thanks for the PM.. Yeah I have been on there website, I just want to get info on the system on XJ's there site really doesnt have anything on that. Pretty much just want to get people opinions to see if its worth it. Also want to know what exactly am I going to have to customize in order to make it fit right.
Their isn't really a "XJ" system. You have to tell them what you need. If I could do it again I would have a 4* bend 4" in from each rod end on the draglink for extra travel. The hiems are extra tight. Mine has been on for 2 1/2 months now and the hiems still haven't loosened up. The hiems also have a lifetime warranty and chromoly. I definately recommend this setup to anyone that can fab their own.

Los11 said:
Nobody has any info on these systems, is this like a stupid question or something. WTF this sucks..

15 hours isn't very long to wait, if you're asking about use of a specific product, and especially on the weekend when forum traffic is down.

Have some patience, grasshopper........... :) (might be too young to appreciate that comment)

I looked into getting that but $329 is a lot of cash for a steering system. Yes the thicker the tube you could have clearance issues with the passanger side spring.

Also dont forget that you will have to relocate the trackbar!

LOS,

If you are going to mount that setup like stock (under the knuckle), it won't help the angles at those TREs any. Sure its beefier, but I think you'd be better off getting the Currie HD steering since it helps the angles some. It is more expensive though.

Whats up bro, I would like to mount it OTK just dont have any way to move the TB over the axle cause I dotn have a welder, I am wondering if I go OTK will I have to move the TB bracket or not. I would go with the currie but I was thinking that at $385 its expensive to keep the same style Y steering and those TRE's are custum and expensive to replace. So why not go crossover with heims or 1 ton TRE's you know. I dont I am a bit confused what do you think ......

Well, supposedly you'd have to move the trackbar up when you do a OTK in order to keep the trackbar parallel with the draglink. Also in the pic that you linked to:
TieRoddragLinkCustom1571796166.jpg

It looks like this steering is made for under the knuckle. If you flipped it the drag link would be on the wrong side of the tie rod which would most likely be a problem. I don't know if that hole is tapered or not, but I think they usually are.

Well I was just using the pic as a comparison on what I want to use, those tre's with that tubing OTK though , So basically there is no way the TB can stay where it is when I go OTK..

Back