• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SeanR Loves the throttle

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Sneak peak:
seanthrottle.jpg

MAKE WITH The VID!!!

seanR said:
Well if we have to wait as long for this vid. as we did last years, then I should be OK!
Where's the one from last year?

Last edited:
XJEEPER said:
How much, mailed to 84403?
Shouldn't that read "How much mailed in 2004?":tv:

Tim
:D

Sean's back window is a result of him and his love of the throttle.

BTW, noone has made it up the since you tried Sean.

Is it good that it sounds like a rattle can? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but I've never heard any jeep that sounds like that

xjj33p3r said:
Is it good that it sounds like a rattle can? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but I've never heard any jeep that sounds like that
You've never heard a 'glass pack?

BornAgainXJer said:
Who makes glass packs? Is there any gains other then sound by putting one on?
It's basically a straight-through pipe with fiberglass filled baffles surrounding the inside. It would lower backpressure hence higher than stock HP gains. The downside is that they sound like a wet fart.

They're cheap and most exhaust manufacturers sell them, but they still sound like THAT.

Glass packs? who needs a muffler at all. Straight pipe is the way to go. Let that motor breath!

Okie Terry said:
It's basically a straight-through pipe with fiberglass filled baffles surrounding the inside. It would lower backpressure hence higher than stock HP gains. The downside is that they sound like a wet fart.

They're cheap and most exhaust manufacturers sell them, but they still sound like THAT.
Wet farts; sounds good :rolleyes:

Thanks for info

Just take the muffler out and put in a straight pipe, you might have to bend it to make up for the off sets on the muffler.
That is how I got the air in front, no muffler!

seanR said:
Just take the muffler out and put in a straight pipe, you might have to bend it to make up for the off sets on the muffler.
And they call me Okieish.

Wait. Never mind.

seanR said:
Won't having a straight pipe make it fail inspection and emissions?

I've heard a glass pack on an I6 on a wrangler, but never on an xj. It was so different from that XJ that it didn't even sound the least bit similar. I kinda like the sound that XJ had, but if I was just going off of that wrangler, I would have never thought about getting one. Have yall heard about that trick with glass packs where you shoot water in the pipe while the glass pack is hot? It's supposed to actually crack the glass and allow even more flow. I think it might cause some backfire, which is what that wrangler got all the time....

Back