• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "POW" in Mickey's Hot Tub

OT

NAXJA Forum User
Just as we thought, the main shaft busted and the oil pump went south.

The cause:
is.php

The effect:
is.php

Wow, nice demolition job! Time for an Atlas? Or would that be the cause of a long running "transfer case/wives" thread? :D

lesslimited said:
Wow, nice demolition job! Time for an Atlas? Or would that be the cause of a long running "transfer case/wives" thread? :D
You can bet your ass that would be the case.

Hell, I almost had to start a "New Spare Tire and Alternator in Moab= Upset Wife. Why?" thread.

Okie Terry said:
You can bet your ass that would be the case.

Hell, I almost had to start a "New Spare Tire and Alternator in Moab= Upset Wife. Why?" thread.

I'm sure she misses the Frankenspare... Come on up to Winterfest and you just may win it back :spin1:

was this with a SYE? And were there any wheelhop issues? any binding marks on the yokes?

I am wondering how many of these mainshaft breakages are torque related, or binding related.

Gary E said:
was this with a SYE? And were there any wheelhop issues? any binding marks on the yokes?

I am wondering how many of these mainshaft breakages are torque related, or binding related.
There was, ummm, very slight wheel hop. As we all know, XJs are extremely wheel hop tolerant.

Hell yeah, there was wheel hop, there was spring wrap, there was an overzealous operator, an antagonizing passenger (C-ROK), the super torquey 4.0, no fluids in the tub, and over-sticky tires.

Everybody said "Take the line to the right!", but where's the fun in that? I say take the challenging lines and deal with the breakage.

There was no SYE, but now I have a reason to go to one.

Anyone have a TC for sale?

that sucks man. car-part is your friend. and DC has HD SYE's at $179 DELIVERED. you can't beat that. i've got to get out west to wheel soon.

Okie Terry said:
Also, Sequoia should have the video up soon on his site. Can't wait to relive it.

I'll have to check our video to see if Cindy got it. Maybe with an "Uh-oh"
from her, like when JohnJohn's spring popped out on Pritchett. As little as she knows about jeeps, she does know bad sounds when she hears them :D

Back