• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vacuum?

revilo

NAXJA Forum User
i cleaned my NSS today and as i was plugging it back in i noticed a rubber hose just hanging by the firewall. it's about ¼" I.D. and looks as tho it might have been connected to a grey container on the passenger side close to the firewall by the fender, but where it looks like it was connected has no hole in it- the end is solid. i traced the line out and it connects to a metal line that runs rearward down the framerail, tees right in front of the gas tank and 2 rubber lines disappear on top of the tank. i can't tell where the 2 lines end. i plugged the line under the hood for now. any thoughts on this?

thanx in advance

It sounds like the fuel tank vent and it should go to the vapor canister mounted on the fender close to the oil filter. The canister is about the size of a two pound coffee can.

should it be plugged? i'm thinking since it's a vent it should be open, i could cut the closed end off the tit on the vapor canister and plug it on there?

yes, you are right it is the gas tank vent. i unplugged it and blew thru the hose and heard it in the tank. i sawed the end off the tit that apparently was factory defective, and rigged it on till i get a new piece of hose.

thank you very much

Back