• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 5.5 long arm lift

W

WilliesTJ

i'm considering a rubicon express 5.5" long arm kit for my 98 xj and would like to ask for some input on it. thanks

Excellent kit...Expensive kit...

Do a search. There is a thread i saw awhile ago that has pics, They speak for themselves. I was on the waiting list for this but cancelled as soon as I saw them. I bought my long arms from centerlinemotorsports.com and pieced the rest of it. Jerry (centerline) is a master fabricator that worked in R&D at trailready, excellent work. Hopin to make first run next weekend.

the last "reliable" info i heard was that they were already looking into design changes.... i want to see what they come up with ater they make their changes... i will still most likely go with a clayton hard-arm kit though.. check them out... a friend of mine is getting his 4link coil kit for the rear of his XJ to kinda "guinea pig" the set up..
www.claytonoffroad.com

I have the XJLA 5.5 on my 93 4.0 and am loving it. I have not heard that any changes are in the future for the kit and I just spoke with the guys at RE. I believe the cost of the kit is relative to the amount of time you want to put in piecing a kit together and crossing your fingers that it will work correctly. I put my faith in RE when I decided to wait for the XJLA 5.5 and it has paid off. I hear people talk about clerance issues, and problems mounting rocker protection, and RTI, blah, blah... I tore my jeep down, bolted all my RE products on with the help of one of my friends in about 2 days and hit the trail. I had 0,zero,none,nada,nil problems and am super stoked on my rig. If you have the time and $$, and don't mind re-doing your rig over and over again if chance does not pay off; sure it is possible to piece together a menagere products and make a great trail rig...I figured I'll just save the hassle for some one else and go enjoy driving my rig instead of trying to figure out why it does not work correctly. Rubicon Express gave me what I wanted..a daily driver that I can enjoy driving extended distances on the road and works flawlessly for off road adventures. Just my opinion-

outfitterguy said:
Rubicon Express gave me what I wanted..a daily driver that I can enjoy driving extended distances on the road and works flawlessly for off road adventures.

Spoken like a satisfied customer. He made a very good point that I think should be addressed. Everyone can learn something from this. Not everyone is looking for the most flex, or most ground clearance.

-Scott

Back