• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

should I keep the s-10 overload leaf on my s-10 lift

lapaul

NAXJA Forum User
I just got leafs for my 90 xj with 31 inch tires, to replace my worn budget boost springs. The replacement leaf leaf system is a modified leaf system with an xj main leaf and 3 leafs from an s-10, plus the flat overload leaf.

Question is should I keep the flat overload leaf or take it off.

Would it interfere with articulation.

Any other advantages or disadvantages.

Do the springs actually reverse bow in normal use, and would the flat overload leaf prevent that.

I kept the overload leaf in my Dakota pack (same principle as your setup) Worked quite well as a bump stop and prevent my springs from going into negative arch which will wear out your springs quite rapidly. Id put it in and if it is limited flex or affecting the quality of your spring pack in any way take it out. It only takes 20 minutes to do.

How much crap do you carry? I built a pack using the OL leaf from an OME kit. I tend to have quite a bit of stuff with camping gear/tools/ and sometimes a trailer.. It all depends on how and what you want to do with your XJ. Keep em' you can always take them out later if you don't like them.

count another for "leave them"

About how much lift did the pack get you? Are you using the entire stock S-10 pack, or what?

3 leaf or 4 leaf packs?

let me know how this works as i might be able to get my hands on some s-10 leaves. what year did yall use or does it matter?

The pack has 4 leafs plus the overload (that includes the original xj main leaf)

I usually have a lot of heavy tools in the back, plus camping gear.

I was told by the person who I got the set up from it provides 3 1/4" lift and I should get another 1 1/2 inch from my 6 inch shackles (1/2 of the difference between the 6 inch and the stock 3 inch shackles)

sounds good. How's it ride?

Don't know how it rides, haven't put it on yet. I'll post after I test it for a whiile.

Pretty cheap way to get a lift though.

I'm not sure which year s-10. You might check other threads in the forum searching for "s-10" .

year won't matter much- there were 3-leaf packs and 4-leaf packs <usually under Blazers> You want the 4-leaf pack.

lapaul said:
Don't know how it rides, haven't put it on yet. I'll post after I test it for a whiile.

Pretty cheap way to get a lift though.

I'm not sure which year s-10. You might check other threads in the forum searching for "s-10" .

I tossed the fat overload from the s-10 pack I used. Still got 5" of lift and could have gotten 6" without it. Rides pretty good, still stiff. Usually don't haul too much weight. I'd say toss it if you don't need the extra lift or haul a lot.

burntkat said:
year won't matter much- there were 3-leaf packs and 4-leaf packs <usually under Blazers> You want the 4-leaf pack.
is that counting the overload?

Yes-

and in light of xjfish's info- maybe you don't want the overload after all?

my personal findings.... spring pack by itself.....

95 up blazer (newer body) nice ride, 2 - 2.5 inches of lift.....
pre 95 blazer (s-10 blazer) right @ 4 inches of lift.....

just a little fyi.

xjfish, what did you use up front to even out with your 5" of rear lift? did you get 5 out of just the s-10?? are you running an sye?

Back