• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running OME JC2A w/ add-a leaf

Codhead

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for an OME suspension solution that will net about 3" while carrying an ARB bullbar and winch up front, and a heavy bumper and tire carrier on rear. I was thinking about using the OME 934 (ZJ V8 coil) up front, and the JC2A and the add-a-leaf in rear (JCXL). Anyone using this? If so, do you like it?

I recently installed a 3" OME kit that I purchased at DPG, ZJ V8 front coils and the JC2A rear leaf packs with an MJ shackle. I have the ARB in front (no winch) and although I don't have a heavy duty rear bumper, I do have a fair amount of weight in tools and rack that add to the weight. I can tell you that it does ride a heck of a lot better than my stock suspension did and from what I have been able to test it definately flexes a lot nicer too. It was a pretty easy kit to install, but the kit I had did not come with bushings (although it did come with JKS Quicker Discos) so make sure you look into that. The biggest suggestion I can make is look into the longer travel shocks, I got the ones appropriate for the lift I got, and after the shackles I definately have more flex than shock travel. That is my $.02

Thanks for the info. Which shocks did you go with? Also, did you use the factory bushings, like (I think) OME recommends?

I already had a set of Daystar poly bushings that I swapped out of my factory leaves. I imagine the factory rubber ones would be a lot quieter and probably give a little nicer ride and flex, but i don't have a problem with my polys. I will have to do some checking to see which shocks I have, I am not sure what happened to the packing slip, but I'll try to get it for you shortly.

i went with RE 3.5" HD rear springs, and 3" ZJ front coils. the ride is not as good as OME only whelled once so far and my shocks are to short now, but off road does good.

Back