• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Summer Delima

What to do, what to do????

• 4.6L Stroker

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Bigger lift and tires

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • ARB front bumper, TJM or Warn rear bumper, rocker skids

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Buy a Nissan Skyline (4wd I6, Nissan caught on to what Jeep was doing) with my friend

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters

Osprey413

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone. I've got a bit of a delima that I would like your input on. I'm trying to think ahead for a summer project, but I'm not sure what I want to do. Out of the four choices, what do you think I should do?

its really hard to tell you what to do when i have no idea what you have to work with, your mechanical ability, and your questionable alliegience to the Jeep name.. ( :viking: ) as well as what you intend to do with the rig.. i would not go for an any kind of heavy winch bumper before i did my lift and was comfortable enough to take the rig to places that will test it's abilities.. big winch bumper+ no lift= mall cruiser...
get the stroker and race it at the mall....
:party:

Armor, Armor, Armor.... thats all i have to say

Mark Hinkley said:
Wheel???????????????????

:D

hinkley
i'll second that

Now now, I already have a 3" Superlift. I can get the Jeep through almost anything, but I either need more rubber, more power, or a winch. I will be keeping the Jeep no matter what, the Skyline is a side car that my friend and I will race with.

why is it you find yourself needing more power than the 4.0 (assuming you have a 4.0) can provide with 31-32 inch tires? maybe you need deeper gears

Instead of more power...why dont you do a 4:1 kit and deeper gears...
then you can do the armor also.

Osprey413 said:
Now now, I already have a 3" Superlift. I can get the Jeep through almost anything, but I either need more rubber, more power, or a winch. I will be keeping the Jeep no matter what, the Skyline is a side car that my friend and I will race with.

sidriptide said:
its really hard to tell you what to do when i have no idea what you have to work with, your mechanical ability, and your questionable alliegience to the Jeep name.. ( :viking: ) as well as what you intend to do with the rig.. i would not go for an any kind of heavy winch bumper before i did my lift and was comfortable enough to take the rig to places that will test it's abilities.. big winch bumper+ no lift= mall cruiser...
get the stroker and race it at the mall....
:party:

How is a Winch bumper and winch on a stock height vehicle a mall cruiser? If im not mistaken you can wheel a stock XJ and get it stuck to the point of winching. I don't think its a mall cruiser I think its just a different approach to the sport.

Osprey413 said:
It isn't that I need more power. It is that I want more power.

so you can race or what?

Who doesn't want more power? I'm not willing to spend the money to get the power but I wish mine had more, for racing, accelerating fast, whatever. I just like the feel of the power and adding bigger lift and bigger tires makes it slower.

Fryphax said:
How is a Winch bumper and winch on a stock height vehicle a mall cruiser? If im not mistaken you can wheel a stock XJ and get it stuck to the point of winching. I don't think its a mall cruiser I think its just a different approach to the sport.

ok, i'll give ya that... but i see making the rig more drivable through more varied terrain by way of larger tires and a lift is more reasonable than the abuse a stock height vehicle would take being dragged over stuf that a taller rig would easily drive over.. the taller you are the smaller the rocks seem to your under carriage... i rank it lower on the priority scale is all than better equipment...

Back