• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

???newb questions???

tjader

NAXJA Forum User
Do you think 33's will fit a 4.5 lift and not rub? Will 35's fit a 5.5 lift and not rub or will i need to trim and if i need to trim how much or is 5.5 to small for 35's? I don't want huge bumpstops cuz i want alot of flex in the front. I noticed rustys sells bulged front and rear fenders, but are the openings bigger than stock and if so will they work in the above lift situations with sed tires? will the stock 30/35 axles be to weak for 33's or 35's and if they are can i upgrade them in any way to run 33's or 35's? Sorry if its confusing.

-thx

Your questions have all been hashed out before... try the search function or reading some older posts. Have a nice day. :greensmok

Like he said do a search the topic has been covered like crazy, If you want 33's you can do the RE 4.5 kit and trimm the fenders to fit, for 35's you should do the 5.5 Re kit and you have to trimm as well as do bumpstops.... UPTRAVEL IS OVERATED!!!!! As for the 35 in the rear pushing it to the limits with 35's if you dont want to go to custom go pick up a 97+ XJ 8.25 29 spline it can handle 33's or 35's no prob or pick up a used cherokee D44 if you can, but there are some good deal on 8.25 geared and locked and in my personal opinion the d44 is not a huge upgrade.. One more spline and the option for lower gears thats all. For trimming info check out rocklizardfabrications.com he has a good write up on it. Good luck

Jeezus, no kiddin'! Ya want us to build it fer ya too? :D

In all seriousness though, please make every effort to use the heck outta the "Search" feature. There are so many threads about all of the questions you've posted that I'm certain you'll get the answers you're looking for. But I'll contribute a bit anyways.....

In short, if it's a flexy rig you want, then you simply HAVE TO CUT. How much depends upon the kind of tires you get, the amount of flex you get from the lift you choose, the back spacing of the wheels you're using, and if you're using bumpstops - where you've got 'em placed to limit travel.

Check out www.XJDB.com for numerous pics of modified rigs. There's a search feature there too where you can put in the size tire you're considering and it'll pull up pics of rigs with that size tire.

Good luck!

Back