• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Product Review : autogrills.com Chrome grill Inserts

pbureau

NAXJA Forum User
Product : Chrome Grill Inserts
Producer: www.autogrills.com
MSRP: $29.99
Purchased from : Ebay Auctions for $24.99 on auction from Producer.

I wanted to add some chrome inserts on my grill because I like the style, So I proceeded to paypal-ling this manufacturer for a set for my Cherokee, after a few days the inserts arrived in the mail and I was please with the product at first sight.

Heavy plastic, chrome covered, self gluing inserts, complete instructions came with the product and after ready the simple instructions, I proceeded to install them.

Extras (4) remained once installed, a nice touch, in case as life has it, one should fall off during the usage of my jeep.

After cleaning the area and sliding the grill insert in place I was very happy with the results.

I rate this a 8/10 for quality and description on the web site.

All in all a great little product, and I would reccomend it to anyone.

picture of the install below;

This image show the glue insert inside the inserts, a nice touch!

PA140389.JPG

No tools required aside cleaning solution to make sure the grill is clean to permit the glue to get a good grip on the plastic grill..

PA140386.JPG

A half way mark during installation, providing the look of teh changeover (before/after) of the product in place

PA140387.JPG

A final picture showing the final result.

PA140388.JPG

You could just buy some door trim and use that. In fact, the "grill inserts" and the door trim appear to be the exact same thing. Not saying you got ripped or anything, it's just that you didn't have to buy off ebay to get them.

Door trim at Wal-mart is like $2.00 a roll and it does the same damn thing. But if you like the $29.99 stuff go for it. I should've started cutting the Wal-mart stuff and selling it on e-bay, I'd be rich by now.

Soo, how much faster does your XJ go now. Or, do you have better articulation...., Did it also come with the really cool "APC" sticker.. cause I know from my "Tuner" friends that the sticker does in fact make your car go faster. Now I know what I'm getting my mother in law for a Christmas present for her '01 XJ. (All in Fun, kidding)

If you are a true tuner then APC is gay. For me, I go both ways. I've got a lifted Jeep, but I work on my friends lower Civic. Simple fact of the matter is that both are cool if you don't put crap on them. He has a AEM Cold Air Intake and a Skunk2 Stainless Exhaust. None of the "Carbon Lookalike" APC shit. Just though I would ramble on about how both tuner and Jeeps are cool.

hey whatever floats yer boat errr rig :dunce:

Its cool to be different from dime a dozen (actually there are millions of them out there)XJ's out there.

I'd personally wouldn't do them as matter of performance, you are restricting airflow no matter how small it may be. And Cherokees need all the cooling it can get. :greensmok

:viking:

First off - welcome to the board.

Second - nice Scirroco (sp?)

Third - alot of the folks here are about function over looks.

I personally like a blend of the two, but that's me. I se no problem with what you've done. Looks clean and was a simple, cheap mod. I'm guessing yeah, you could have gone to Wal-Mart and bought door trim stuff to do this, but it'd be a PITA cutting everything to size - then having stuff left over you'd likely never use again.

$25 isn't the end of the world guys...I'd pay that for a conveneitn solution to something I wanted done.

...and how long would you have to wait for the Wal-Mart stuff to straighten out after un rolling it?

I hate seeing new folks get slammed when trying to post up something they think is useful. If it's dangerous, blast away, if it's just not your taste, though...where's that damn emoticon...Hasta

I happen to like the way it looked before you put them on, but hey If you like it who cares. You are the owner of the jeep so don't listen to the others, they are just cranky--------Kyle

When I was 16 I put door molding on the doors and new bigger mudflaps on my Corolla................. :roflmao: the mudflaps were cool

I'm just bored today

ya this definitely looks like some spam

if its cool for you, then thanks for showing me something i hadnt thought of before.

welcome to NAXJA

Looks good man! :cheers:

Back