• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front ZJ axle (any usefull stuff)

Lunatic728

NAXJA Forum User
I can get a 96 ZJ front axle for free. I am just wondering is there anything usefull I can use on my 90' axle.

And for the stupid question, could I just bolt this thing under the Jeep? I am wondering because it would give me a chance over the winter to regear the axle and work on the ford 8.8 I am getting?

T

Lunatic728 said:
I can get a 96 ZJ front axle for free. I am just wondering is there anything usefull I can use on my 90' axle.

And for the stupid question, could I just bolt this thing under the Jeep? I am wondering because it would give me a chance over the winter to regear the axle and work on the ford 8.8 I am getting?

T
A ZJ axle is low-pinion, so it's not the ideal swap for an XJ.
If the ZJ has a V-8, grab the steering from it!

jeepinxj05 said:
My friend's '95 front end has a gear thing around the knuckle and someone said this makes the axle stronger. Any ideas?

I think that might be a reluctor ring for the ABS. It doesnt do anything other then sending a signal to a wheel speed sensor.

binks off road said:
I am in wyoming pa and need one of those axles. Do you want to get rid of it as it really won't be of any use or an upgrae for you

Sure I am picking it up on Wednesday or Thursday of next week. You can have it for what I pay for NOTHING as long as you pick up or maybe I can meet you somewhere. You can email me @ [email protected].

If I can't use it, at least I can give it a good home.

Regards

Back